ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:29 pm 

I think she means the "views" column on the topic list outside of here. But what to change about it I don't know either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

dodo wrote:
I meant that when I see the list of topics, before clicking on a particular one, I cant see 'views' next to each one. I see posts but not views. I see views only if I click on the topic.

If you mean the View previous topic :: View next topic links, those get you to topics posted earlier/later than the one you are reading. Such links do not make real sense when you are not reading a particular topic.

Quote:
Could you please change this?i think it'd be much better.

I could try if I knew what you mean exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:58 pm 

I meant that when I see the list of topics, before clicking on a particular one, I cant see 'views' next to each one. I see posts but not views. I see views only if I click on the topic.
Could you please change this?i think it'd be much better.
(i was logged in when i tried it)

Post subject: Re: my stuff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

dodo wrote:
I am very sad that you put my postings in 3 different folders. (AI, demonstration and clothes).the ones they are in now are not really attracting :(

I believe it's a good habit to submit a post to the forum where it belongs. I think putting a post in the appropriate place is far more important than how attractive the forum title is.

dodo wrote:
I cant see the cloumn where it says replies or comments and countes them. where is that? (it was next to topics and views i think)it was really good.

I'm afraid I don't see exactly what you mean. The 'reply' button should appear in the end of each topic provided that you have logged in. It does not appear, however, if you have not registered yet (or if you view the forum without logging in), since we no longer support posts by non-registered users.

Best -- LK

Post subject: my stuff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:46 am 

Hi,

I am very sad that you put my postings in 3 different folders. (AI, demonstration and clothes).the ones they are in now are not really attracting :(
anyway.
I cant see the cloumn where it says replies or comments and countes them. where is that? (it was next to topics and views i think)it was really good.
thank you
dodo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:45 am 

Hi,

anyway.
thank you
dodo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:45 am 

Hi,

anyway.
thank you
dodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Adam Dobay wrote:
I'd like to propose that the Questions and Suggestions forum be only for questions and suggestions, and that there be a forum for organizing cultural stuff, meetings, charity, etc. If everyone keeps putting everything wherever they would like to (eg. the three important, but not efficiently placed topics on helping the homeless and Amnesty International), the board will soon become totally chaotic.

I agree. I hope you'll see the new board soon.

The same user wrote:
Another note to ponder on: Should there be a set language for this board eg. English or should it be an English-Hungarian mixture forum?

It should be obvious from the menus that English is the language of the board. It is up to the moderator of each particular sub-forum to settle a policy with respect to this, I don't think any global decision should be taken on what to do with people posting in other languages. (My suggestion: nothing.)

Best -- Kalman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:00 am 

Another note to ponder on: Should there be a set language for this board eg. English or should it be an English-Hungarian mixture forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:52 am 

I'd like to propose that the Questions and Suggestions forum be only for questions and suggestions, and that there be a forum for organizing cultural stuff, meetings, charity, etc. If everyone keeps putting everything wherever they would like to (eg. the three important, but not efficiently placed topics on helping the homeless and Amnesty International), the board will soon become totally chaotic.

The creation of a sort of Lounge board seems appropriate with forums suggested before, including University Life, Cultural and other Programs, Groups of interest formed by student and/or teachers, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Applebaum wrote:
I think it would be really useful and could save some wasted travel time, if we found out about cancelled classes before the scheduled time of the class.

So we could have a topic, where information about cancelled classes or sick teachers would be shared. The info can be posted by the teacher h(im)(er)self as well.

Dear Applebaum,

The topic you are suggesting is already there (studies -> courses). I guess it was created because you had suggested it, thanks. That board is writable to the SEAS staff only, and readable to all. (You currently find a message by a normal user in it; that was posted before we removed the `writable to all' permission.)

Best -- Kalman

Post subject: Sick Teachers' Topic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:49 pm 

I already suggested this in an email, but putting it up here can't hurt:

I think it would be really useful and could save some wasted travel time, if we found out about cancelled classes before the scheduled time of the class.

So we could have a topic, where information about cancelled classes or sick teachers would be shared. The info can be posted by the teacher h(im)(er)self as well.

But we could also let each other know of sick leaves of our tutors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:26 pm 

Well, this is a sensitive question... I do beleive, that for a time, we should just stick to the well-known (?) netiquette rules (maybe providing a link for the basic users), and time will surely deliver the problems that can only be solved by regulation (especially as there will surely be a lot of people who have never been to such sites before). Until then, those who are more experienced will surely hold the bridle... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:11 pm 

ndf wrote:
I strongly recommend the admins to open a forum for miscellaneous topics, in order to avoid trashing and being off-topic :!:

Furthermore, I advise there be forum rules regarding off-topic, trashing & bashing, spam and such issues. A good set of basic rules (not too restrictive, of course) ensures polite and nice conversation.

Also, as in this PHPbb forum posting in certain forums can be restricted to certain user groups, I advise that in such forums as cancelled classes etc., only those from the groups of teachers (or teacher representatives with such a permission) should be able to post, and then there may be no confusion about whether a specific type of information is valid or not.

Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:00 pm 

I strongly recommend the admins to open a forum for miscellaneous topics, in order to avoid trashing and being off-topic :!:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next