ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:43 am 

Rose Kinga wrote:
For teaching practice, you also need 219, and it is not very well advertised!
This prerequisite is suspended for the coming two terms (aut 2005 and spr 2006), because it was "not very well advertised".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:35 am 

For teaching practice, you also need 219, and it is not very well advertised!

I know, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but there you go! :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:10 pm 

Thanks a lot for your kind reply! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:32 am 

xymoxgirl wrote:
My question may sound a bit naive

Don't worry, that's what the university is about. :wink:

xymoxgirl wrote:
What is the deadline for applying for teaching practice???

If you want to do it on EITHER semester next school year, you need to apply before May 31, 2005. You cannot do so yet, however, as the forms will be available only fom May 1, 2005. When they do, you should be able to find them from http://ppk.elte.hu/index.php?page=tatok/index.html (Stress on the word 'should'.)

xymoxgirl wrote:
And where do we apply for it??? Kazinczy utca?

Yes, you take the filled form to Kazinczy utca. I am not sure about the exact room, but rumours say that it is on the ground floor.

xymoxgirl wrote:
I already have my TK-199 comprehensive exam, what else (apart from the teaching practice of course) do I need to do to get my teacher's degree? Is there a link where I can find more information about these things?

http://ppk.elte.hu/index.php?page=tatok/index.html has information about the courses as well.

I don't know about the non-credit system, but in the credit system you have to do the 60-hour observation as well, and for that you need to find the school or other educational institution all by yourself (the institution you choose has to send in a filled form by the end of May 31 2005 to announce that they have accepted you).

Then there are 4 methodology courses at SEAS, plus I think one practical psychology and two advanced pedagogy courses. Again, these are just the credit system requirements.

No one knows whether one should write one's thesis in connection with teaching. Apparently one should, according to general rules, but in practice this may not be true. I have heard that it may be possible to write one's thesis on, say, linguistics, and then add a few extra pages on "teaching applications" or something. But this is still very hazy.

I hope this helps.

Vili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:09 am 

((well, yes, yes I've taken a look at Vili's post but I'm not at all sure whether these things also apply to non-credit-system students...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:07 am 

My question may sound a bit naive but I can't seem to find any information concerning the teaching practice...What is the deadline for applying for teaching practice??? And where do we apply for it??? Kazinczy utca? I already have my TK-199 comprehensive exam, what else (apart from the teaching practice of course) do I need to do to get my teacher's degree? Is there a link where I can find more information about these things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:33 am 

Vili wrote:
clarika wrote:
and what about a TKN-100 course? I found a TKN-100 course on the ETR...

I cannot see TKN-100 on the ETR. ? There is a TKN-101, but that is described as "proszeminárium", which, if it is in any way related to the English word "proseminary" (although my Hungarian is close to being non-existent, I am brave enough to make that leap ;-)), it should be a preparatory course, and most probably not compulsory.

Vili

Yes, I was thinking of the proseminar, but I didn't know what the exact code was...

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:01 am 

Ancsur2002 wrote:
I saw a 231 too. what about that one?

Unfortunately, what is below/above is all that I know. (And, as I have said, some of it may not even be true.)

The search, however, goes on. (Insert: the Indiana Jones theme song, fade to black.)

Vili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:21 am 

I saw a 231 too. what about that one?

If they aren't, how could we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:22 pm 

clarika wrote:

I cannot see TKN-100 on the ETR. ? There is a TKN-101, but that is described as "proszeminárium", which, if it is in any way related to the English word "proseminary" (although my Hungarian is close to being non-existent, I am brave enough to make that leap ;-)), it should be a preparatory course, and most probably not compulsory.

Vili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:10 pm 

Post subject: A few corrections
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:08 pm 

Here is some new information, fresh from the oven. :-) Actually, this is just from a fellow student, but she seemed to be on the know and I thought that you might be interested. However, and as always, don't take this to be 100% correct unless confirmed by some official guidelines that no one seems to have seen.

In the following, I am referring to the points in the list that I compiled earlier (found either below or above this post, depending on your settings):

Regarding point (3): You apparently need to do FOUR, not two methodologies at the English Department. I don't have the course codes of the extra two courses, so you better ask someone at DEAL what they are. Apparently ANN-462 is a strong prerequisite for the other three, though, so you have to do that first.

Regarding point (4): The number of psychology and pedagogy courses one needs to do after TKN-199 seems to be FOUR. The course codes are: TKN-211, TKN-221, TKN-222, TKN-241.

That's all the news I have for now. I hope this will not cause any premature baldness in the case of Ancsur2002. ;-)

Vili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:02 pm 

ahh thanks, I started to pull my hair out, when I saw 8 courses or so to take... I am relieved that I only need 4 :)

If they aren't, how could we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:36 pm 

wow, Thanx a lot! :lol:
K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:52 pm 

I think this topic concerns the teacher training programme. If not, please just ignore me. :-) And blame Mr Szigetvári for directing me here. ;-)

I have spent a year or so trying to find out what I need to do for the teacher training programme, with no definite results. However, what I have gathered so far is the following. I hope this will be of use to someone.

1. One first needs to do the compulsory pedagogy and psychology courses. This means TKN-111, TKN-112, TKN-113 and TKN-114 for psychology, and TKN-121, TKN-122, TKN-123 for pedagogy. They are all lectures except for TKN-114, which is a seminar attached to TKN-113.

2. After that, one can (and must) take the comprehensive examination, TKN-199.

3. One also needs to do two Methodologies at the English department: ANN-462 and ANN-464, if I am not mistaken. These require ANN-261 and ANN-299 (strong prerequisites) and TKN-199 (weak prerequisite).

4. After TKN-199, one is also required to take some special courses in pedagogy and psychology. I am not absolutely certain about the exact number of courses required, as some say it is 4 (and at least one course has to be done from each subject), while others claim that there are only two needed.

5. After (or during?) all this, there are also two practical courses. One is Gyakorlóiskolai tanítási gyakorlat, and is composed of 90 hours of work. Out of these 90 hours, 15 are spent teaching, another 15 in preparation for classes and in consultation with the teacher. The remaining 60 hours are spent observing other classes and in general getting to know the school.

6. The other practical course is apparently called Külsõ iskolai gyakorlat, and is altogether 60 hours. This one is spent participating in school life, e.g. staff meetings, organizing outings, participating in them, etc. This can be spread on two semesters, or done in one.

7. In order to take either of the courses mentioned in points (5) and (6), one apparently has to visit the TaToK office in Kazinczy street. Applications should be handed in by the end of May before the academic year one wants to take these courses in. (So, if you want to do them in autumn 2005 / spring 2006, you need to consult them by May 2005.)

This is all that I know, and some of it may be incorrect. So please, as always, double/triple/quadruple check everything. And if someone knows that some of this is not correct, or that there are some other dark forces lurking within the Teacher Training Programme -- ones not mentioned here -- please say so.

Vili