ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Thesis and thesis title announcement -advice needed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:24 am 

xymoxgirl wrote:
Hello everybody!

This thread may not be the best location for vocalizing my problem, but I have not found any other thread in connection with thesis title announcement.

To cut it short, my problem is that I've been unable to submit a title in the past three semesters as I couldn't find a supervisor, everybody seemed to be busy. Now I got to the point that I'd like to submit a title next month and I REALLY DO NO CARE about the topic anymore.

I'm interested in 20th century English literature and culture (nevertheless I also love sociology and aplied linguistics... as you can see, I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to my favourite topics, that might be on of the reasons why I'm still here... ).

So, I'd like you to give me a few ideas on:

1, WHO to ask to be my supervisor
2, how to "hunt" him/her down to make sure they have enough time for an extra person.

Any constructive ieas are welcome, I'm really desperate!!

you might want to check all teachers who are in the field(s) you are interested in ( http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/staff/academic.html ) and ask them all.

or, you might talk to the head of DES. He won't be able to help you, but will be at least aware of the problem.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: Thesis and thesis title announcement -advice needed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 pm 

Hello everybody!

This thread may not be the best location for vocalizing my problem, but I have not found any other thread in connection with thesis title announcement.

To cut it short, my problem is that I've been unable to submit a title in the past three semesters as I couldn't find a supervisor, everybody seemed to be busy. Now I got to the point that I'd like to submit a title next month and I REALLY DO NO CARE about the topic anymore.

I'm interested in 20th century English literature and culture (nevertheless I also love sociology and aplied linguistics... as you can see, I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to my favourite topics, that might be on of the reasons why I'm still here... ).

So, I'd like you to give me a few ideas on:

1, WHO to ask to be my supervisor
2, how to "hunt" him/her down to make sure they have enough time for an extra person.

Any constructive ieas are welcome, I'm really desperate!!