ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:43 pm 

As you say it is in the course list for autumn 2006. This means it will run that term under that code.

Post subject: courses in autumn
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:33 am 

I may need to do course AN-341.17 next term . I've found this course code in the autumn catalogue. Is it sure the course will be held by this code next term,too? If not, is it possible to take it by another code? (I'm a non-credit-student) Thanks for your answer. Ági

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:19 pm 

A[NM]N-3 courses will be equivalent with the MA courses, but that programme is in the make currently (see link in original post). ZAN-stuff are not base codes, they are all derivates of ANN-3 codes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:15 pm 

just out of curiosity what will happen with the ANN (or AMN) 3xx courses? I don't see any equivalents of them in the chart. And the ZAN's? Just to confuse things a little and make people's lives difficult :D

Post subject: phasing out of current courses
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:41 pm 

As you know SEAS will introduce a new BA programme (coded ANG) in September 2006, and at least three MA programmes (English language and literature, American studies, English teacher) probably in September 2007. These will eventually replace all current programmes, i.e., ANN, AMN, AKN. (AF closed down in 2003, AFN in 2004).

A chart is provided here, containing the schedule of when current courses will be last advertised. (AKN codes are not included, because they are all variants of ANN codes.) Some ANG courses will be very similar to current courses, others will be very different. For example, currently ANN students study literature on a genre basis (poetry, novel, drama), in the new system they will proceed chronologically (middle ages, renaissance, 18/19th c., 20th c.). Since SEAS cannot afford to run both systems parallelly, the old system will close down. If you have not taken some courses, you will have to take the ANG equivalent. Thus, for example, instead of drama, you will take a course on medieval and renaissance English literature: like in the transition from the noncredit system to the credit system, courses will be advertised with multiple codes.

If you have further questions, please ask them here, so that I don't have to answer them individually. Thanks.