ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:35 pm 

Well, this is good news :)

Thank you very much for your answers, I'll just go ahead and do what I can...

Have a nice summer (at least as much as remains)!

8)

Post subject: Re: Questions about AM/AMN etc. courses...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:11 pm 

clarika wrote:
Nevertheless, it does not seem to be a good idea to fill up your "közismereti tanegységek" with amn courses, according to seas teachers (or, at least, prof. szigetva kindly asked someone not to take any amn courses az "közismereti" in February as far as I remember, but please ask him). good luck!
It must have been an AMN student that I told this, and then only for technical reasons. If you are an ANN/AKN/AFN student, go ahead and take as many AMN courses as you like (and can).

Post subject: Re: Questions about AM/AMN etc. courses...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:27 pm 

Korinnka wrote:
Hello everyone!

I have 2 questions, whoever happens to know the answers, please help me!

1. I am an English major (ANN) student. Can I take AM/AMN courses? Are there limitations as to which courses I can take and which ones not?

2. If I can take them, HOW can I register for them? Do I use a system similar to that developed by szigetva (bless him for it) or do I just enter the course in my markbook and show up at the first seminar? Or another method?

It would be very helpful if anyone could help me with these. I would like to take some AM/AMN courses this autumn if possible...

Thank you in advance and have a nice summer! 8)

since you can take any of our university's courses as an ELTE student, you can take any courses of american studies, too. This means that you have to take these courses as "általános tanegység" in ETR, and have to apply for them as you would to any other "közismereti". Naturally, this means that you cannot register for them via seas, only in person by going to the first course and if there are any "gaps" you can fill them. Nevertheless, it does not seem to be a good idea to fill up your "közismereti tanegységek" with amn courses, according to seas teachers (or, at least, prof. szigetva kindly asked someone not to take any amn courses az "közismereti" in February as far as I remember, but please ask him). good luck!

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: Questions about AM/AMN etc. courses...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:19 pm 

Hello everyone!

I have 2 questions, whoever happens to know the answers, please help me!

1. I am an English major (ANN) student. Can I take AM/AMN courses? Are there limitations as to which courses I can take and which ones not?

2. If I can take them, HOW can I register for them? Do I use a system similar to that developed by szigetva (bless him for it) or do I just enter the course in my markbook and show up at the first seminar? Or another method?

It would be very helpful if anyone could help me with these. I would like to take some AM/AMN courses this autumn if possible...

Thank you in advance and have a nice summer! 8)