ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 pm
Posts: 418
Location: ELTE BTK
szigetva wrote:
clarika wrote:
oh, sure, yes. I got your point. what I don't understand is how come an ann student cannot register for a a course that has an ann-* code. I think, this was the problem, if I'm not mistaken.
Because that specific course (ANN-378.18 ) is not a SEAS course. SEAS accepts it as a course for the ANN degree, but it is not run by SEAS. Just like all EC courses (which are run by Eotvos Collegium), they pay for the course, therefore they have the right to say who can take it. ANN-378.18 is run by the Idegennyelvi Lektoratus. ANN-342.97 does not appear either, and that is because it is a course of the Theoretical Linguistics Department.


Oh, now I (hopefully) understand everything. I thought that ANN-378.18 is run by the american studies dept. But everything became clear by now, thanks a lot!

_________________
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Bernát Klári

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 pm
Posts: 808
clarika wrote:
oh, sure, yes. I got your point. what I don't understand is how come an ann student cannot register for a a course that has an ann-* code. I think, this was the problem, if I'm not mistaken.
Because that specific course (ANN-378.18 ) is not a SEAS course. SEAS accepts it as a course for the ANN degree, but it is not run by SEAS. Just like all EC courses (which are run by Eotvos Collegium), they pay for the course, therefore they have the right to say who can take it. ANN-378.18 is run by the Idegennyelvi Lektoratus. ANN-342.97 does not appear either, and that is because it is a course of the Theoretical Linguistics Department.

_________________
szp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 pm
Posts: 418
Location: ELTE BTK
szigetva wrote:
No, it was only to illustrate that while DAS is mainly responsible for the AMN degree, and DEAL/DELG/DES for the ANN degree, these depts have some courses for the other degree as well. And the same is true faculty-wide (not all your courses come from SEAS, do they?).


oh, sure, yes. I got your point. what I don't understand is how come an ann student cannot register for a a course that has an ann-* code. I think, this was the problem, if I'm not mistaken.

_________________
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Bernát Klári

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 pm
Posts: 808
No, it was only to illustrate that while DAS is mainly responsible for the AMN degree, and DEAL/DELG/DES for the ANN degree, these depts have some courses for the other degree as well. And the same is true faculty-wide (not all your courses come from SEAS, do they?).

_________________
szp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 pm
Posts: 418
Location: ELTE BTK
szigetva wrote:
Degrees are issued by the Faculty, the courses combining to supply it are also provided by the Faculty. It is so to say accidental that most of these courses are given by SEAS. Cf. the fact that some courses of the ANN degree are provided by the American Dept.


does this mean that the american dept. is not part of seas?

_________________
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Bernát Klári

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 pm
Posts: 808
Degrees are issued by the Faculty, the courses combining to supply it are also provided by the Faculty. It is so to say accidental that most of these courses are given by SEAS. Cf. the fact that some courses of the ANN degree are provided by the American Dept.

_________________
szp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 pm
Posts: 418
Location: ELTE BTK
szigetva wrote:
Because you can't preregister for courses that are not run by SEAS. It would have been nice if you read the relevant page ( http://seas3.elte.hu/prereg_info.html ) before complaining, as advised at the beginning of the preregistration form.


How come there can be a course with an ann code not run by seas? I was just wondering about it...

_________________
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Bernát Klári

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 pm
Posts: 808
Because you can't preregister for courses that are not run by SEAS. It would have been nice if you read the relevant page ( http://seas3.elte.hu/prereg_info.html ) before complaining, as advised at the beginning of the preregistration form.

_________________
szp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Preregistration
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am
Posts: 24
Location: Budapest
Hello,

I was just trying to make my preregistration. Unfortunately, there was a course (ANN-378.18 English Children´s Literature 1) I could not register for due to the fact that it was not on the preregistration list. How come? Is it because there is no concrete course description and time given yet? :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group