ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:03 pm 

szigetva wrote:
clarika wrote:
oh, sure, yes. I got your point. what I don't understand is how come an ann student cannot register for a a course that has an ann-* code. I think, this was the problem, if I'm not mistaken.
Because that specific course (ANN-378.18 ) is not a SEAS course. SEAS accepts it as a course for the ANN degree, but it is not run by SEAS. Just like all EC courses (which are run by Eotvos Collegium), they pay for the course, therefore they have the right to say who can take it. ANN-378.18 is run by the Idegennyelvi Lektoratus. ANN-342.97 does not appear either, and that is because it is a course of the Theoretical Linguistics Department.

Oh, now I (hopefully) understand everything. I thought that ANN-378.18 is run by the american studies dept. But everything became clear by now, thanks a lot!

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:18 pm 

clarika wrote:
oh, sure, yes. I got your point. what I don't understand is how come an ann student cannot register for a a course that has an ann-* code. I think, this was the problem, if I'm not mistaken.
Because that specific course (ANN-378.18 ) is not a SEAS course. SEAS accepts it as a course for the ANN degree, but it is not run by SEAS. Just like all EC courses (which are run by Eotvos Collegium), they pay for the course, therefore they have the right to say who can take it. ANN-378.18 is run by the Idegennyelvi Lektoratus. ANN-342.97 does not appear either, and that is because it is a course of the Theoretical Linguistics Department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm 

szigetva wrote:
No, it was only to illustrate that while DAS is mainly responsible for the AMN degree, and DEAL/DELG/DES for the ANN degree, these depts have some courses for the other degree as well. And the same is true faculty-wide (not all your courses come from SEAS, do they?).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:51 pm 

No, it was only to illustrate that while DAS is mainly responsible for the AMN degree, and DEAL/DELG/DES for the ANN degree, these depts have some courses for the other degree as well. And the same is true faculty-wide (not all your courses come from SEAS, do they?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:44 am 

szigetva wrote:
Degrees are issued by the Faculty, the courses combining to supply it are also provided by the Faculty. It is so to say accidental that most of these courses are given by SEAS. Cf. the fact that some courses of the ANN degree are provided by the American Dept.

does this mean that the american dept. is not part of seas?

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:19 am 

Degrees are issued by the Faculty, the courses combining to supply it are also provided by the Faculty. It is so to say accidental that most of these courses are given by SEAS. Cf. the fact that some courses of the ANN degree are provided by the American Dept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:46 am 

szigetva wrote:
Because you can't preregister for courses that are not run by SEAS. It would have been nice if you read the relevant page ( http://seas3.elte.hu/prereg_info.html ) before complaining, as advised at the beginning of the preregistration form.

How come there can be a course with an ann code not run by seas? I was just wondering about it...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:28 pm 

Because you can't preregister for courses that are not run by SEAS. It would have been nice if you read the relevant page ( http://seas3.elte.hu/prereg_info.html ) before complaining, as advised at the beginning of the preregistration form.

Post subject: Preregistration
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:35 am 

Hello,

I was just trying to make my preregistration. Unfortunately, there was a course (ANN-378.18 English Children´s Literature 1) I could not register for due to the fact that it was not on the preregistration list. How come? Is it because there is no concrete course description and time given yet? :?: