ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: prereg, ETR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:44 am 

Yes, I thought there was a limit in the ETR. This means that there is no limit, and I can just register and that's it? That would really help a lot, and cause less stress for me! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:42 pm 

I thought there was an upper limit (25pers) on the number of students etr lets register for a seminar, and the function of preregistration is to make sure who those people can be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:20 pm 

You misunderstand the function of preregistration. You don´t want to get into those classes physically, you simply want to take them (as you agreed with the teachers). So you take them in the ETR and that´s it. You don´t even need to preregister on seas3. Preregistration is for people who want to sit there week by week, consuming oxygen and the teacher´s homework- and essay-correcting time. This is why there´s no preregistration for lectures. (Alas all this will change when ETR takes over ``preregistration´´ too.)

Post subject: 300 courses
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:06 pm 

Since I'm going to be an Erasmus student, I'm not going to be here, and I can't attend classes. I still need to register for classes, and have them in my markbook and ETR.
I've found some courses, and spoke to teachers (finally), who agreed to accept the Greek courses as the equivalent of their courses, so I will preregister for those courses.
What if I find out that at the end of the preregistration that I didn't get into these classes? I cannot take any other classes than those, so this means I must take those classes and register for them in the ETR. What is the solution?
:?

Post subject: cont....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:32 pm 

Okay, please tell her to contact me! Thank you.
I can wait about 2-3 days for the teachers to answer my emails, but if they don't and I can't reach them by phone, then I'll have to ask the secretary for those secret phone numbers :) :?

Thank you very much for your help!

Post subject: Re: ZAN 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:58 am 

dzsuzsi wrote:
Yes, that's true, but I don't need any more ANN credits.
In that case contact Dr Péteri.
dzsuzsi wrote:
Another Q: Teacher training courses count as general studies (közismereti), so the ANN-462, 465, 464, 466 courses are also part of or can be part of the general studies credits?
Never wondered. My impression is that they cerainly are above the obligatory 140 ANN credits, so in that sense they add to the other component.
dzsuzsi wrote:
Do you have any ideas on how to reach teachers in the exam period?
You may try departmental secretaries, they know all sorts of secret phone numbers too. (But what you are claiming is outrageous if true.)
dzsuzsi wrote:
(Oh, can you please give me the name of the student who was in Thessaloniki, I'm really in need of information...?)
No. But I will tell her that you want to contact her.

Post subject: ZAN 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:56 am 

Yes, that's true, but I don't need any more ANN credits. I need general studies credits, b/c I'm done with almost all my ANN courses (hopefully by the beginning of Feb., this will happen).

Another Q: Teacher training courses count as general studies (közismereti), so the ANN-462, 465, 464, 466 courses are also part of or can be part of the general studies credits? This is really important, because these are the only courses that I need for my Final Certificate (and some ZAN courses).
Do you have any ideas on how to reach teachers in the exam period? It is really difficult, because if they do not answer my email and there's no phone number provided, well, then I do not have any other ideas...(This is also for Erasmus).

(Oh, can you please give me the name of the student who was in Thessaloniki, I'm really in need of information...?) (I'm guessing you will send this over email).

Sorry, but I thought it would be simpler to ask everything here, instead of going to the relevant topics and posting it there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:46 pm 

Péteri Éva is responsible for the British Studies programme. She sent me a list of courses she wanted to be included. These were not among them. You must turn to her.

BTW I don't see why you could only have ZAN codes as an Erasmus student. I explicitly remember a student who was in Thessaloniki and had her studies credited here under an ANN code.

Post subject: ZAN
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:34 pm 

I was thinking of: Victorian Novels Péteri Éva: ANN-312.108 and Romantic-Victorian and Retro-Victorian Novel Kirchknopf Andrea: ANN-312.90. (I found a ZAN code for the third course, so I will not copy it here).
I hope there is a solution...The courses that I chose at the Greek University are: The 19th century Novel, English Literature and Culture: Romanticism and the Victorian Era. The courses I just copied and pasted here are the only ones that are similar to these (or maybe not...). :?
I do not want to have trouble with the transfer of credits, so that is why I want to know a ZAN code for these courses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:09 am 

There are 27 ZAN codes. The programme heads have not assigned more. Which course are you thinking of?

Post subject: ZAN codes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:26 pm 

Can you please give us the ZAN codes for the 300 courses? I remember there was a list this term, but I need it again, and I really need it beforehand, because I am leaving (to Greece), and I need to know the course codes. The reason for this is that I am almost done with my ANN courses, but I still need ZAN courses. I have to take English courses as ZAN in Greece (only those courses are in English:) ), and I know this is possible. :? :roll:

D. Zs.

Post subject: Re: courses, ANN lit.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:23 pm 

dzsuzsi wrote:
However, there is a problem: how can I collect 6 credits from ANN 313 courses, 4 credits from 314 courses, 6 credits from 323 courses, and 4 credits from 324 courses if they don't exist??? I'd like to finish next year...

You don't have to collect any credits from those courses.
dzsuzsi wrote:
Does this mean that these courses are not needed for the Literature 300 courses (Anglisztika szakirány)?
Exactly. Say, you take 12 courses each coded ANN-312.something. That's prefectly enough for your degree supplement.

Look, what you have to show is that 24 credits come from the 311--324 range. You don't have to cover all the codes. If you look at the curriculum (tanegyseglista), it says valaszthato for each 300 code. That means not obligatory, i.e., you don't have to take it. (If you added up all the numbers in the range mentioned, it would give you 30!)

Post subject: courses, ANN lit.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:07 pm 

I'm doing the English literature part of the 300 courses, trying to get my 24 credits from there, so that I can have it in my degree as an extra.

However, there is a problem: how can I collect 6 credits from ANN 313 courses, 4 credits from 314 courses, 6 credits from 323 courses, and 4 credits from 324 courses if they don't exist??? I'd like to finish next year...

Does this mean that these courses are not needed for the Literature 300 courses (Anglisztika szakirány)?
Can I still get a paper attached to my degree that I have finished these Literature courses (311, 312, 321, 322)? Oh, btw I found this info on the SEAS website: http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/studies/majors/ANN.html

I hope this is going to be solved before prereg closes. I'm kinda confused. :? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:59 am 

Sure: http://seas3.elte.hu/prereg_info.html (reason #1)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:22 am 

Dear Szigetva,

I have the same problem, A course has not appeared in the prereg lists though it is a well-known SEAS course as far as I know.: AN-311.42.

It is possible that the answer for my question is hindered somewhere by an info/ rules/ etc page... isn't it?

napazapa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next