ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:05 am 

The implementation of all these is beyond the possibilities of SEAS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:01 am 

Third year..and I am refusing getting used to unfair things..
Realistic improvement: TTK system...those get extra points who take up the course in its suggested semester...Who take it up earlier or later can only fill the leftover places...It used to be so, at least, and it worked...
Suggestion 2: students who only need those, Idontknow 50? credits to get another, this time university degree(?supplementary students?) should not take away places from those who are here to get their first degree...
Suggestion three: do not take up a million people if it is impossible to accomodate them...
I cannot afford to lose this year, and I am definitely not alone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:46 pm 

Quote:
that helps...It is not my fault..I know its not your fault either....I need the one who is responsible...

And then what?
Come on, it's your 4th year and you're still not used to it..? I mean, looking for the responsibles is one thing. Coming up with improving (and realistic!) ideas is another.

Imho.

Cs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm 

that helps...It is not my fault..I know its not your fault either....I need the one who is responsible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:21 pm 

You know, student numbers have multiplied in the past decade, staff has not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:34 am 

I don't know...I tried to contact everybody...Being weekend, they are not likely to respond soon...I just have this most probably ridiculous feeling which is the clear sign of my basically naiv personality that this is really unfair...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:53 am 

This is the department's responsibility. Head: Törkenczy, head of history section: Nádasdy. http://seas3.elte.hu/delg/people/administrative.html
223 people wanted to take the course, there were 114 places. Part of the reason is (just like last year) that the Faculty admitted much more supplementary students than expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:01 am 

And what about 252 courses? Altogether 15 of the "F" students, who actually should take this course this year according to the ideal plan, could get into any of the seminars...Will there be any new courses? Should we n beg again? Will there be 30 people in each group where the teacher is understanding enough? Or will we simply lose a year? This seems to be a recurring problem with linguistics courses...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:54 pm 

from http://seas3.elte.hu/statistics.prereg

ANN-246/a: 28/16
ANN-246/b: 37/22
ANN-252/b: 80/22
ANN-252/c: 69/22

but all other 246 courses offer places:

ANN-246/c: 18/22
ANN-246/d: 15/22
ANN-246/e: 16/22
ANN-246/f: 2/22
ANN-246/g: 9/22
ANN-246/h: 18/22
ANN-246/i: 13/22
ANN-246/j: 5/22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:46 pm 

I just want to ask that how is it possible that I did not get any of the marked cousrses at the preregistration. I marked more than 1 of each course but I did not get any. My other major's (maths) courses does not allow me to attend the other courses which I marked with 0 at the preregistration. What can I do now? I think that form the 8th place of the waiting list I won't be able to get in the courses. Is it possible that I won't be able to attend any course in my English major in theis semester? How could this happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:04 pm 

Dombai Lilla wrote:
I just want to ask that the changes in the catalouge are still the old ones?
Ooops. That was a mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:11 pm 

flowerstar wrote:
But otherwise, I think seas has the best system we could have. I hope ETR will keep on being "unable" until I graduate. :)
I ansolutely agree, although this year those who have skipped a year (how do you say "halasztottak" in English?) will get an unfair advantage, as Szigetvari wrote in one of his emails, he's not changing the categories. I understand that he doesn't want to do all that, but maybe he could get someone, like a teaching assistant, whoever. That would make it more fair.

But I'm so glad that we're not using ETR for this too. I've had so many problems with it, not just because it s*xxx, but also because a lot of people at the TO can't use it. They deleted my registration from courses and didn't tell me because they didn't know they could have sent me a message--they only wrote in the "BTK forum" because they thought that's where they can reach me. Complete idiots, sorry to say this, but it's true for some of them. They put English teachers' first names (Frank, Mark) in the cours lists... I think that' weird too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:07 pm 

I just want to ask that the changes in the catalouge are still the old ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:32 pm 

Yeppeeeee! :D
I was just going to shed tears for losing our dear old prereg sytem.

Well, we all know what the solution is, don't we. We should stick to our prereg system. It's cool, it's working, etc. Besides, it's not really a big deal to take our seas courses in the ETR later... in case people stop registering for courses they're not in :?

But otherwise, I think seas has the best system we could have. I hope ETR will keep on being "unable" until I graduate. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:35 pm 

Yes, I know. Maybe the school has to adjust a little too, but one way or another, the school and ETR should be reconciled (btw is there a better word for "osszeegyeztet"?) before the SEAS prereg is done away with. If we cant keep it for longer which we should.