ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:47 pm 

Melgirl wrote:
Any hints about rhetorics courses- which ones are good to attend? Or those who would be a little more understanding of students whose Hungarian isn't 100% perfect (i.e. non-native) but who have to take the course. This is of course only relevant if/ when next semesters courses become advertised on the ETR.
Thanks.

Well, I don't know anything about tolerance of language problems on rhetorics, but the class I attended this sem. was great. It's title was "Internetes nyelvhasználat". My end-term paper included some ideas about this forum also... :lol: 8) (Teacher: Zoltán Bódi)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:52 pm 

Any hints about rhetorics courses- which ones are good to attend? Or those who would be a little more understanding of students whose Hungarian isn't 100% perfect (i.e. non-native) but who have to take the course. This is of course only relevant if/ when next semesters courses become advertised on the ETR.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:39 pm 

ndf wrote:
Well, to be frank, I don't even know, what BIÖP courses are. I only know, that when I asked whether my IT studies at TTK would be accepted at BTK, the answer was that NO OTHER courses than BTK courses are accepted. Not that the "etalonvizsga" was such a big deal, but I cannot understand why this is so... (I beleive these are the problems the credit system was introduced for.)

it is called "bölcsészettudományi informatika önálló program" a prof at the Hungarian Department (prof. Iván Horváth) is the head of it. its courses are based on the thought that bölcsész students do need computer studies.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:13 pm 

Well, to be frank, I don't even know, what BIÖP courses are. I only know, that when I asked whether my IT studies at TTK would be accepted at BTK, the answer was that NO OTHER courses than BTK courses are accepted. Not that the "etalonvizsga" was such a big deal, but I cannot understand why this is so... (I beleive these are the problems the credit system was introduced for.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:22 am 

Do you know anything about how to make BIÖP courses accepted as computer studies?

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Last edited by clarika on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 am 

Well, if anyone is interested, I used my advantage of getting up early today, and I attacked the TO ( :wink: ) with my problem (besides handing in my indexbook). The queue was fairly short, and the answer was straightforward (luckly), even though it needed two "TO-s néni" to answer (due to my special situation). So:

I (as a "második tanárszakos") have to complete 140 credits from my english curriculum, 40 from teacher training (if I do it here, which I don't), "FRSZ" (or PHRIT? :wink: :lol: 8) ) which is 6 credits (usually), and PE.

This seems to be quite straightforward, although I'm still not sure if I have to complete the PE on both faculties (I forgot to ask this), and how the TTK will sew my credits together (I beleive that is what ETR is good for...).

Anyway, I'm happy to have been able to clear things up in less than 20 minutes. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:12 pm 

Well, a question arised in me due to some discussion in another topic about general subjects. I wonder if my curriculum includes more than the compulsory three general classes?

In fact, I know that i have to take up a few (much much less than single-majors) extra classes in addition to the compulsory phylosophy of sciences & history of sciences on my other major, which is physics, but now I'm puzzled about my English major. I have asked it a several times from TO, and everybody told me every time, that I only need my compulsory & the three general subjects, but things sometimes change (as they did (on the fly!)for single major teachers on TTK (which is I beleive more than really unfair!)...

So please, if anyone knows for sure, tell me! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:05 pm 

ndf wrote:
Well, I managed to find and register for a rhetorics seminar a few minutes ago, but I don't know anything about philosophy courses (I tried to look them up for you from an old "tanegységlista", but I couldn't find them...) Sorry :cry:

Philosophy courses are on the ETR under the codes VFN-xxx. You can register for any of them, but my advice would be 500/a (I think, that's the one), Áron László's course. That's the simplest one.

I've heard of Csikós Ella's and Joó Annamária's courses interesting, too, but they are quite difficult to pass...

They are all lectures, so you don't have to attend these classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pm 

Well, I managed to find and register for a rhetorics seminar a few minutes ago, but I don't know anything about philosophy courses (I tried to look them up for you from an old "tanegységlista", but I couldn't find them...) Sorry :cry:

Post subject: philosphy courses anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:30 am 

hi,

i was wondering if anyone succeeded in registering their philosophy courses (as part of the general curriculum for seas students) in etr? i certainly cannot locate any of them either by the code, the teacher's name or the course title. rhetorics & computer courses can be found and registered for without difficulty on the other hand. so i'd guess that philosophy courses are not (yet?) entered into etr.

here's a link i've found to the courses held by the philosophy institution this year -- you can at least look up the codes/names/titles here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:40 pm 

Bad news! It is noon TODAY. At least the "versenyjelentkezés" started today, so I guess that is what you were speaking about. :cry: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 am 

Well, I've just called PPK TO and there Boros Anikó said that we are not late, from noon (I guess not today but the 16th) we can start registering on ETR again and we have time until the 24th (even with acceptance papers)!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:51 am 

Eszterke wrote:
I'm sorry to say, but if you wanted to go to a PE course, well, you're late! last friday was the deadline for registration :cry:

Thank you for your answer!
Does that mean that I'm late even if I just wanted to make my college PE be accepted?

:shock:[/quote]

as far as I'm concerned, yes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 am 

I'm sorry to say, but if you wanted to go to a PE course, well, you're late! last friday was the deadline for registration :cry:[/quote]

Thank you for your answer!
Does that mean that I'm late even if I just wanted to make my college PE be accepted?

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:00 pm 

Eszterke wrote:
Is that right for such subjects (in my case P.E.) that we will have to get them from next week on ETR?
I'm not really sure about these dates!

THX!

:roll:

I'm sorry to say, but if you wanted to go to a PE course, well, you're late! last friday was the deadline for registration :cry: