ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:06 pm 

clarika wrote:
As far as I know, there will be a professional crew to help with the moving (e.g. pianos, TVs etc.).

Oh, I see. This sounds much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am 

Personally, I wouldn't mind helping. If that makes the moving quicker, I think we should help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:40 am 

halmtomi wrote:
If I understand correctly, ELTE will get a lot of money by selling ADS. A minuscule portion of that money would suffice for hiring a professional firm to do the moving. It is simply unfair of the university to sell the building for profit and then use free student labour to do the moving.

We have no money. And we have less and less every year (i.e. more and more loans). The money from the ADS building goes into the reconstruction of the Rákóczi 5 building (it is more complicated than that, but it is more or less so).

As far as I know, there will be a professional crew to help with the moving (e.g. pianos, TVs etc.), but they won't do everything (due to the above), so we need to help. By the way, if I were to choose between spending that money on a professional firm or on the library, for example, I would choose the latter.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:54 am 

I was quoting from a letter by Professor Frank, addressed to all SEAS staff (thus I assume there was nothing confidential in it). You should probably approach the Dean with your complaint. You might seek support for it form SEAS officials, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 am 

szigetva wrote:
ndf wrote:
Or is student power also requiered for the moving? If it is so, then I am ready to work hard for some free credits... :D
Indeed, a 30-40-strong student group is required according to the director. No credits or anything else mentioned.

If I understand correctly, ELTE will get a lot of money by selling ADS. A minuscule portion of that money would suffice for hiring a professional firm to do the moving. It is simply unfair of the university to sell the building for profit and then use free student labour to do the moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm 

The library will be moving for a longer period, it will probably not be open during a large part of the term. Hopefully it will reopen by the beginning of the exam period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:20 pm 

:D You've got a point. I still wonder how it will be possible to move out from the old and to move in to the new building in just one single week. And what about the library?
I have not heard about the vandalization. It is sad that such things happen, but I still believe that at least the smaller gate should be opened, especially as it opens directly to the area of the main building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:11 am 

Well, let's hope that we will be able to use the front gate at MUK. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:57 pm 

Few current students will remember: the main building (building A) used to have all three doors open. So you could come in from the swimming pool and enter the building without having to go around to the only door open now. It was locked many-many years ago, because somebody (as far as I recall members of the building's technical staff) got into the habit of stealing computers and printers. But you can just take out any large box at the main door right now (especially after 5pm when nobody is there). Anyway, just a few more months to go.

We know very little of the new building. We know it will be much smaller, and there are plenty of beautiful promises, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 pm 

Do we know anything about the condition of our new campus? I mean furniture, lights, etc.

I heard about that vandalization, but I sill can't see the point of closing that gate. If someone wants to break in again, I'm sure he/she can climb over a fence... I'm just saying this, because that gate was a shortcut for people coming from Thököly út (including me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:57 am 

ndf wrote:
Or is student power also requiered for the moving? If it is so, then I am ready to work hard for some free credits... :D
Indeed, a 30-40-strong student group is required according to the director. No credits or anything else mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:44 pm 

My informant says that the Fac wants to save the salaries of the ADS technical staff (15M/month). The gate was closed because the swimming pool building was vandalized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:17 pm 

I heard this a few weeks ago. I had high hopes that I will survive my last few monts @ ADS, but it seems that I won't. Anyway, as far as I know, the main building itself is still not sold, because it would require too much investment. I wonder why is it so important to move out then, especially why can not this be done during the summer? Or is student power also requiered for the moving? If it is so, then I am ready to work hard for some free credits... :D
By the way, I think it was more than unfair to close the entrance from Zichy Géza street (Why was it closed?). Would it be impossible to open the smaller gate near the ex-entrance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:33 am 

According to the latest news, SEAS will move to MUK (Rákóczi út 4, to be more precise) during the spring break (beginning of April). It was promised that the times of courses will remain, the places will obviously change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:28 pm 

ndf wrote:
And then ELTE won't have a swimming pool? Because as far as I know, it does not have any more (as the sport complex @ Lágymányos is rotting unfinished since 199?).

well, obviously. but since it is in such a bad state, it would have been closed anyway, really (since our univ has no mo to reconstruct it).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next