ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:23 pm 

(I'm afraid this is not the right topic to ask that question.) The answers, nevertheless, are:
  1. no
  2. maybe yes, you must ask the host of VSN courses whether they will credit it for you (tantárgybefogadás), as if you did the IT course at another university (I'm also curious of the answer)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 pm 
Dear ITers,

Late as for this term, but is it possible for non-BA students to take this course instead of the VSN ones?
Thank you,

cattle

Post subject: Re: what's the point of this course
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Dear kovacs,
kovacs wrote:
I am more and more uncertain whether I can pass this exam.
There, there. We will post sample test questions on the course home page, and you'll see it's not that bad.
kovacs wrote:
You are talking about weird things, like file permissions, ALU and octal numeral system. The normal user never meets these things. Why are we learning them?
You're not learning them, you're just hearing about them. We thought it wouldn't hurt. Mind you, we keep this course for the first time in ELTE's history, we are experimenting with you. :) But, seriously, we hope knowing about computers may be very useful indeed, and you understand better what's going on if we explain certain details which you don't have to remember, but which help you make sense out of the whole business.
kovacs wrote:
Why don't we learn how to deal with everyday programs like Word and Excel, Explorer and Outlook, which students use?
That's what'll happen during the rest of the course. Well, not exactly, because we'll not talk about particular programs that much, but about the functions they can fulfil, and the ways of using them. The rest is to be learned from practice, which we cannot organize for you (the University cannot provide the means, and we wouldn't have the time, for practicing with hundreds of students).

Does that answer your question(s)?

Post subject: what's the point of this course
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:07 pm 

Dear Lecturers,

I attended all three lectures. I am more and more uncertain whether I can pass this exam. You are talking about weird things, like file permissions, ALU and octal numeral system. The normal user never meets these things. Why are we learning them?

Why don't we learn how to deal with everyday programs like Word and Excel, Explorer and Outlook, which students use?

Thanks for your response,
kovacs