ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:03 pm 

I'm interested in how this new system will affect those already in the system.... and particularly the present AKN students :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:39 pm 

szigetva wrote:
It does not make sense to run for a BA degree in English once you have a university degree (approximately an MA) in English. It's just like you don't go to primary school after secondary school.

Well, I thought she meant that the 1st degree's in another subject, and the 2nd would be English... or the other way round... Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:18 pm 

It does not make sense to run for a BA degree in English once you have a university degree (approximately an MA) in English. It's just like you don't go to primary school after secondary school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:52 pm 

Quote:
In English? Doesn't make sense. In anything else? Welcome. But they have to pay. Just like now, it's called diploma's ke'pze's.

Why? :shock:
A lot of people does that... And I'm sure it's fun :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:35 am 

clarika wrote:
the second teacher's degree is to certain extend free, will be eliminated.

That's the point I mainly thought of...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:10 am 

cattleya wrote:
Just for interest (and fun): What'll happen to those who had their degree in our system ( with a teacher's degree as well) and then would like to get another one in the BA/MA system? :-)

If your question is somewhat that you have an "old" degree in English "bölcsész és tanár", and want to have a second teacher's degree, you'll have to do a BA and an MA and have to pay for both. This is not sure yet, since it will be discused in September the earliest, but now it seems that the "old system" that the second teacher's degree is to certain extend free, will be eliminated.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:49 pm 

In English? Doesn't make sense. In anything else? Welcome. But they have to pay. Just like now, it's called diploma's ke'pze's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:45 pm 

Just for interest (and fun): What'll happen to those who had their degree in our system ( with a teacher's degree as well) and then would like to get another one in the BA/MA system? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:11 pm 

Thank you very much! :D
I'll tell the others!
Now I can go to sleep :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:01 pm 

We currently have fresh (1st-year) students. If you take a year (two terms) off, you will proceed with them.

Teacher training in the new system will go as follows: you cannot teach with the BA degree, only with the MA degree (most of which apparently will be swallowed by the pedagogy/psychology/methodology stuff). The old system will finish as it began.

I guess the first BA degrees in English will not be issued before 2009. I also suspect that the old type degrees will be issued at least until 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:55 pm 

Fortunately, I haven't heard enough to be disappointed :D
My "problem" is that I simply wanted to know how quickly I'll have to finish off my courses. I hoped to hear something about an official decision, but seemingly it hasn't been born yet. I believe you if you say that I can take a term off -- you here seem to know more about the changes than anybody else.

The other thing is this teacher training. Is it a problem that I have only one major? I hope it's only the new system that has such a rule.

Oh, by the way... this might sound crazy, I'm asking only because I'm wondering...whether it's possible for someone finishing "torzskepzes" in this system to get a BA next year... :twisted: Because that would be really funny (i.e. ridiculous). And (to get back to more solid grounds) if I happen to be so very successful abroad that I miss like two years, and I have passed all the comprehensive exams beforehand -- is it possible that I will be "awarded" a BA? Because some of my yearmates want to go to Luton University for a 3-year program after passing the comprehensive exams... Well, I know we're causing a lot of trouble :lol: But I hope it's only the lack of information...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:33 pm 

I don't really see your problem. As far as I see, you're in your second year. There will be a second year next year (and a third year in 2007/2008...). Later BA courses will be equated with the present curriculum, though some will not have an equivalent (most notably ANN/AFN--142).

So you should go into more detail to make me understand why you're disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:21 pm 

Oh, it's so good to see that at least some people care about the new system. So far, people have either laughed at me (that I want to have an MA as a student of an "old system") or shrugged their shoulders and said they knew nothing. I went as far as OFIK, but even they have no idea what will happen to us, students of the "old sys". I'm all the more afraid, because I was just planning to take a semester off to study or work abroad. Please, if any of you happens to have any sources of information concerning the changes, post it here... This is the only reliable forum I know.

I guess I should hire a personal attendant -- I'm so bad at burocracy things. What you've said about the two necessary subjects of teachers... Is it so in the current system? Because I've only one major, English (and no minors) and I'm doing the teacher training. Is it pointless? I don't want to teach in highschool -- at the moment, but this might change. And also, I'd like to teach in private language schools. Please, enlighten me :roll:

thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:24 pm 

Quote:
clarika will tell you. I'm also not patient enough to make sense of such stuff.

the easiest would be to check http://www.mup.hu

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:08 am 

halmtomi wrote:
Who made this decision? (I'm not interested in the actual person, just the level of decision-making.)
This is the figure the university sent to the ministry. The final decision will soon be available in the "Felveteli tajekoztato".
halmtomi wrote:
It's OK as long as applicants are told in advance that even if they are accepted as students, their chance of getting a degree is not 95% but something less.
I don't think anything special has to be mentioned about that. It is obvious that you have to pass all the exams to get your degree. Since it is not the case that the top x% passes, but those who pass the failing line pass, there's no way of calculating the chances of individuals. It depends on whether and how much they prepare for the exam. If everybody passes, we will have to run seminars for 590 people after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next