ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: sister arts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:49 am 

I would also like to know if anybody has some notes on the topic of sister arts (21).
Experiences and help are also welcome.

If you know anybody who has these, please tell me, it is very important. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:15 pm 

It means exactly what it says. The examiner decides which question is closest to your thesis's topic and removes it. Thus everybody has 9.0909% chance of picking a specific question. :D

Post subject: main subject
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:11 pm 

Hi everyone,

from http://www.btk.elte.hu/seas/studies/gra ... ation.html:

"If one of the questions matches the topic of the Thesis, that question is removed from the pile of cards before the Candidate draws one. (E.g., if the Thesis was written on G. B. Shaw, the topic which includes Shaw is removed from the pile.) "

What does this mean in practice? I wrote my thesis on Hamlet, so I get early modern English lit. I'm guessing that topic 4 (The Spanish Tragedy and Hamlet) will be removed from the pile. (Though 4 others are about Shakespeare, too...)

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:01 am 

Hello Melgirl

I have the list, so probably I wasn't clear enough. I meant notes (and experiences), something a bit more elaborate.

Thanks very much anyway,

Vilma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:12 pm 

http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/studies/gradu ... cs/21.html

Good luck!!

Post subject: sister arts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:09 pm 

Hello everyone

I'm looking for materials for Topic 21: The sister arts (final exam). Does anyone happen to have any (or know someone who has taken the exam)?

Cheers,

Vilma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:01 am 

thank you very much.
have a nice exam period you all.
orsi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:12 pm 

Quote:
There is an exam in the ETR forum to the effect that you must have your final exam date changed. (And fast!)

Thank you. I'm not sure I understand the wording of that completely, however my final exam date is now on the 28th of June. Meaning that it doesn't seem to be a problem that I still have exams to do. However I'm off to the TO on Monday to talk to them. Unfortunately this Monday they just gave me my mark book and told me to come back soon which needless to say leaves me a little lost. that and my Hungarian is not the fastest of the fast so I'm sure I always miss out on the info coming my way :)

Post subject: Re: lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:28 pm 

Quote:
1. I do not know the date of my final exam - howcome the others know theirs?
These are posted in the glassed notice board next to ADS 236.
Quote:
2. When do we need the "konzultációs igazolólap"? Where and when should I hand it in?
This is a department-specific issue. There's no such thing at DELG, for example. Ask the relevant dept.
Quote:
3. Where and when can I inquire about the assessment of my thesis? (I guess the same department...?)
Good guess.
Quote:
4. About the Methodology part: I know it will be at PPK - will it be in English? Or it will have two parts - one based on the topics available here on seas3 and the other on the PPK webpage? And will the English major represent itself at that exam?
Two parts, pedagogy & psychology in Hungarian by the PPK folks, methodology in English (topic 91) by DEAL folks.
Quote:
5. Do we really need a form from TO to confirm that we have finished all the courses?
Who? The TO issues your absolutorium, which states that you can take the final exam. I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Post subject: lots of questions
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:29 pm 

Dear All, Dear Mr Szigetvari, :)

I came here because I also have some questions - some of them may be trivial, sorry...

1. I do not know the date of my final exam - howcome the others know theirs? :? Are these available on the Internet?

2. When do we need the "konzultációs igazolólap"? Where and when should I hand it in?

3. Where and when can I inquire about the assessment of my thesis? (I guess the same department...?)

4. About the Methodology part: I know it will be at PPK - will it be in English? Or it will have two parts - one based on the topics available here on seas3 and the other on the PPK webpage? And will the English major represent itself at that exam?

5. Do we really need a form from TO to confirm that we have finished all the courses?

Once again I am sorry if my questions have already been answered - I tried to find the necessary information but could not... :shock:

Thanks a lot.
Have a great exam period and SUMMER :lol:
ors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:11 pm 

There is an exam in the ETR forum to the effect that you must have your final exam date changed. (And fast!)

Post subject: Final Exam and other exams
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:08 pm 

Hello to all.

I come here because I always get answers here but not at the ETR forum.

My question is the following: My final exam (state exam) is June 14th. But I still have three other exams all after it: 19th, 20th and 28th. I took my index book from the TO who told me to take my index back asap as soon as my exams are done. What should/ can I do? Is it okay that my index book is still with me even though my exams are later than the state exam? Should I ask the English department secretary to put my state exam on another date?

Thanks a lot in advance.