ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:24 pm 

Here are some possiblilities:
ETVSz 6. wrote:
(1) Az Egyetem minden hallgatója az illetékes Kari Tanulmányi Bizottsághoz fordulhat, ha véleménye szerint valamely tanulmányi és vizsgaügyének intézése nem jogszabály vagy a szabályzat elõírásai szerint történt.

ETVSz 52. wrote:
(5) A szóbeli vizsgák az Egyetem oktatói és hallgatói számára - a vizsgáztatás helyszíne megszabta keretek között - nyilvánosak. A vizsgázó betekinthet kijavított írásbeli dolgozatába, és a javítás felülvizsgálatát kérheti a dolgozat javítójától.

ETVSz 53. wrote:
Utóvizsga esetén a hallgató legkésõbb a vizsgát, illetve a vizsga eredményének kihirdetését követõ hét munkanapon belül (de legkés õbb a vizsgaidõszak hatodik hetének harmadik munkanapjáig) írásban kérheti a tanegységért (tanulmányi egységért) felelõs oktatási szervezeti egység v ezetõjétõl, hogy (írásbeli vagy szóbeli) vizsgáját bizottság elõtt tegye le. Az oktatási szervezeti egység vezetõje ezt a lehetõséget köteles biztos ítani. Ha a kari szabályzat biztosítja a második utóvizsga lehetõségét, ak kor kötelezõ bizottsági vizsgát tartani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:04 pm 

halmtomi wrote:
I just wanted to point out that the rule is quite vulnerable from a legal point of view.

You can say that again :)

By the way, it can be said in general that the teacher is free to do whatever s/he feels like doing at the exam. Also, grading is the one decision at any educational institution students cannot appeal against in any way.
However, what few students know is that according to the TVSZ, if a student fails an exam, s/he has the right to ask for a "bizottsági vizsga" at the retake, which means that there are at least 2 teachers and they all have a say in the note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:31 pm 

R_Gabor wrote:
In short: if the teacher at the exam says you can't even use a pen, you can't.

Sure, but one would expect them to communicate this before the exam so that one can take a pencil with them to write with :wink:

clarika wrote:
by the way, obviously no material can be used during the exam. Probably, of other materials, the examiners didn't even think one might want to use...

:)
I just wanted to point out that the rule is quite vulnerable from a legal point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:50 pm 

by the way, obviously no material can be used during the exam. Probably, of other materials, the examiners didn't even think one might want to use...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 pm 

This aroused my interest and I looked into the applying rules. In the case of any course, the methods of assessment have to be communicated at the start of the term in any form the teacher chooses. At SEAS, this form is the online course catalouge, which, in case of the ANN-219, does refer to the page you've quoted. However, hardly any of these descriptions say anything about such details, so I suppose that the exact rules of how an examination should be organized is at the superviser's discretion.

In short: if the teacher at the exam says you can't even use a pen, you can't.

Post subject: A.N-219 (Literature Compr. Exam): interesting loophole
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:09 pm 

Upon recently reading through the official information on the ANN-219 szigorlat exam, I came across what seems to be an interesting loophole:

Quote:
Structure and organisation

Markbooks or IDs, are checked before the exam starts. No dictionaries, textbooks or anthologies can be used during the exam.

Time: three hours.

No dictionaries, textbooks or anthologies can be used during the exam. And what about my very own handwritten lecture notes, or monographs on individual authors, or the Cambridge Encyclopaedia of Literature? These are neither dictionaries, nor textbooks, nor anthologies. Am I free to use them? My instinct tells me I am not, but if I only look at the rules, there is nothing there against my using them. :?: