ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 pm 

Hi

I want to write my thesis on some history topics (particularly I am most interested in the relationship between Gr. Britain and Turkey on the turn of the 19th-20th century and up to Atatürk's death in 1938). I am seeking a good teacher to be supervisor but I really don't know many history techers at the department (except for Velich and Lojkó - but Ms Velich is already taken for the whole of next year)

If you could recommend me some teachers I'd be grateful. Cuz you know the first pricniple of thesis writing is: choose the supervisor first!

Post subject: DEAL's new homepage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:04 pm 

To find out more about your (future-) teachers, visit DEAL's new homepage: http://ludens.elte.hu/~deal/

Enjoy browsing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:54 pm 

I selected the courses according to timing because I work and also live far from Budapest. So far I (will) have:

Friedrich Judit
Velich Andrea
Eitler Tamas
Farkas Judit
Bollobas Eniko
Federmayer Eva
Nadasdy Adam

If anyone has anything to tell me about them please drop me a PM :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:33 am 

A piece of advice:
if you go to a teaching assistant it might benefit you in the way that they are the ones who know most about today's system therefore they can help you in several other things besides science (eg. etr, credit system etc.). also, probably they are the most enthusiastic of all teachers and they know how to study for specific exams because they have taken it in a very similar way (eg. at the same teachers), which might also be a good point.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:03 pm 

Hey,

Just a few of the best ones:

Károly Krisztina, Kontra Edit, Starcevic Attila, Törkenczy Miklós, Nádasdy Ádám, Mark Andrews, Dobson Gordon, Asbóth László, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:52 pm 

I really think this is a good topic if we only list those who we recommend and not those we don't. When I was a newcomer, it would have been better to know for whose course it is good to apply to. So here are the teachers I recommend: language practise- Borbély Judit, Mark Andrews literature -Pálvölgyi Lídia, linguistics- Törkenczy Miklós. Some others are already listed.

Post subject: Teacher recommendation
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:15 pm 

I don't know if this is a fair topic (since some might be hurt - if you think so, please note, and I will erase the topic!), but I thought that people who study at our institute might want to recommend teachers to the newcomers that they loved, so newcomers have a little vague blurred picture of our stuff. If anybody wants to recommend a teacher please do so!

Mmm to start up, it is quite difficult for me, because I loved practically all my former teachers (and I really do mean it, I was probably very lucky, or seas really is an extending institute, I don't know. I have heard rumors of the opposite...), so I might list them (without any order - I will skip those who are not here anymore): app.ling.: Magyarics Péter, Enyedi Ágnes, Piniel Katalin; ling. Szigetvári Péter, Hordós Marianna, Nádasdy Ádám; lit. Friedrich Judit, Fejérvári Boldizsár, Péter Ágnes, Csikós Dóra, Szalay Krisztina. Mind you, I didn't have many teachers because I went back to other courses of many of them! Might you have any specific questions of any of them please drop an e-mail!

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Last edited by clarika on Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.