ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:30 pm 

szigetva wrote:
I agree with you in being upset about this.

Thank you.

Quote:
(I think administrator is just a fancy name for a secretary.)

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:20 pm 

I agree with you in being upset about this.
(I think administrator is just a fancy name for a secretary.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:57 pm 

Thank you for the information. I admit that previously I was in a state of fury because of all the remarks thrown at me. I do not want to go overboard with this, I just need this issue not to go unnoticed. Thus I will remain with contacting the Dean.

Also, the person is not a secretary. He said he was the "administrator". Now I've checked in ETR (I originally got the teacher's address from the SEAS catalogue), which lists him as another teacher. I can see that perhaps teachers let their colleagues read and perhaps even answer their personal email, but I'm still not happy about it because I feel that it's just inappropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:49 pm 

I'm not so sure of the case. I know of others who do not use email, and whose mail is read by their secretary. (A letter I once sent to a professor was answered by his wife, because the person was abroad.) I would not be too harsh on that. (It is true that it would be neater if the person not using email would give the secretary's address in the first place.)

Anyway, I would remain with the dean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:02 pm 

Thank you for your reply, Klári.

The problem has escalated. I have written a letter about the issue to the teacher. I have today received a reply, from the teacher's address, signed by the administrator in question, referring back to our conversation yesterday, and telling me to obey the requests he told me in order for me to be allowed to take the class next year.
With this action, opening and replying to a personal letter not sent to him at all, I think the case now falls under the category of levéltitoksértés, I've read up on it and there is no doubt that he broke the law. Is it still the Dean I should only be writing a letter to?

Post subject: Re: Registering a complaint against a member of ELTE staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:20 am 

Adam Dobay wrote:
I would like to issue an official complaint against the administrator of the Idegennyelvi Lektorátus, who today handled my request for information about the English Children's Literature course in an inexplicable manner. Not only did he personally exclude me from the seminar's list of registered people on the basis of "I couldn't read the writing of your name on the paper", he denied to give me information about how to contact the teacher, and continued to insult me several times during the course of the conversation. HÖK instructed me to complain at DES, and DES told me to go back and complain Idegennyelvi Lektorátus, but since through him is the only way I can speak to the Lektorátus, I cannot complain about him to him, that is a bit absurd, right? I'm wondering how to deal with this problem, I've been insulted by people working at the university before but this was way past the line.

write a letter to the Dean (Dezső, Tamás).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: Registering a complaint against a member of ELTE staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:45 pm 

I would like to issue an official complaint against the administrator of the Idegennyelvi Lektorátus, who today handled my request for information about the English Children's Literature course in an inexplicable manner. Not only did he personally exclude me from the seminar's list of registered people on the basis of "I couldn't read the writing of your name on the paper", he denied to give me information about how to contact the teacher, and continued to insult me several times during the course of the conversation. HÖK instructed me to complain at DES, and DES told me to go back and complain Idegennyelvi Lektorátus, but since through him is the only way I can speak to the Lektorátus, I cannot complain about him to him, that is a bit absurd, right? I'm wondering how to deal with this problem, I've been insulted by people working at the university before but this was way past the line.