ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:52 pm 

Some years have passed since the last post here and the SzHÉK has changed quite a lot. It may be useful and up-to-date to inform you about the present members of the SzHÉK via this forum: http://angolszhek.uw.hu/menu/englishindex.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:58 pm 

Hi!

My name is Gábor Recski, I'm a second-year student and my majors are English and German. I have a good relationship with members of the German SzHÉK and they have promised to help us in every way if we are elected.

I decided to join SzHÉK because I enjoy helping other students with any problems they may encounter in the course of their university life and I'd also like to take part in organizing events for English majors.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:42 pm 

Dear All,

I'm Klári Bernát, being practically fourth year student of English (have studied Chemistry and Hungarian a "long time ago" and also studying Art History) I might be the eldest of English SzHÉK representatives in a few days.

Hopefully, some of you have already read of me (at this forum), most of my experience comes from my "job" which is journalism at several papers of ELTE (Tétékás Nyúz of Fac. of Natural Sciences where I held the position of chief editor for a year, BIT of Fac. of Computer Sciences, online.elte.hu - which is around from this fall, and is meant to be the basic information center to all ELTE students and teachers) and Krétamagazin (which is a paper for secondary school students).

Also, I sing in ELTE chorus and play the guitar as some kind of hobby, the rest you can guess:) I don't know, maybe, if you have any questions drop a mail, and I might help, or whatever...

Oh, and I learned English from my Mom, that's why don't know much spelling...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Last edited by clarika on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: DAS SZHÉK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:09 pm 

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dániel Cseh a second year student studying American Studies besides my other major, which is English. I am one of the candidates representing the second year students. I have read the messages that have been posted here on the forum and I do realized that we have not taken advantage of the forum, informing the people but it has to be mentioned that we are doing everything that we can and are getting started (planning several programs, posting information on the board at room 238). At the present this might not be enough, but everyone knows that the first weeks are critical.

My introduction might be short, but to the point since this is how I feel. I wanted to take part in SZHÉK because I felt this would be a great opportunity to meet other students, to establish a network of friends who can come together have fun and enjoy themselves. At the same time helping those who have confidence in me and turn to me, because I know how hard it is to "survive" at the university, getting lost amid your problems, trying to solve them but being afraid to turn to others. This I think is especially true for the first year students. Information can be passed down to us directly by representatives, this is the quickest way of being informed about what is new and what has to be done. It was my personal experience that people tend to break up into groups going past by the others. With programs and parties students will be able to meet others who have the same field of interest, finding new friends, helping others, passing on their experiences which might be helpful for the others.

Several programs have started: American Sports, Drama Club, Movie Night, and Films by Alfred H. We have sent messages to the yahoo group, there are also posters all around the building containing up to date information about the programs. Many of you have come, so thank you for that. The programs are every week, please take a look at the bulletin board at room 238. This week there will also be a party on Friday, Sep. 30, Dürer.

Thanks for taking the time and reading this message.

Dani