ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:23 am 

köszi szépen!! eddig to veteőjének írtunk de nem kaptunk még választ..

Post subject: Re: etr problem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 am 

bajorbogi wrote:
Az egyszeruség kedvéért in Hungarian...
Harmadéves angol matematika szakosként a TTK-hoz tartozunk ugyan, de onnan a BTKhoz irányítottak minket. Az a problémánk, hogy az ETRben kurusfelvételnél nem jelennek meg az angolos tárgyak az angol fül alatt. Ha ez továbbra se fog megjelenni, igen nagy hátrányban leszünk, mivel nem tudunk elojelentkezni az adott kurzusokra, mivel az elojelentkezési határido február 2. Mi a teendo? Hogyan lehet ezt a problémát megoldani?
Köszönöm!

irjatok egy e-mailt, elso korben Simon Gezanak (simongkukacludenspontelteponthu) aki a BTK informatikusa, masodik korben pedig az ETR uzemeltetoinek (pl. maczakpontmilankukacetrpontelteponthu, Maczak Milan Miklos).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: etr problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:55 am 

Az egyszeruség kedvéért in Hungarian...
Harmadéves angol matematika szakosként a TTK-hoz tartozunk ugyan, de onnan a BTKhoz irányítottak minket. Az a problémánk, hogy az ETRben kurusfelvételnél nem jelennek meg az angolos tárgyak az angol fül alatt. Ha ez továbbra se fog megjelenni, igen nagy hátrányban leszünk, mivel nem tudunk elojelentkezni az adott kurzusokra, mivel az elojelentkezési határido február 2. Mi a teendo? Hogyan lehet ezt a problémát megoldani?
Köszönöm!

Post subject: Re: Response
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:46 pm 

Dear ad3m, I have seen your posters and really appreciate what you have done. I wish we had such an active all-SEAS SzHÉK.

ad3m wrote:
Anyway, replying to "I wonder why would-be Szhek members don't introduce themselves here in this forum. Like who they are, what they want to achieve as Szhek members etc", I gladly copy one of the many letters that has been sent by us to all the students registered on Yahoo! Group.

Unfortunately, I (as indeed most students at SEAS) am not an American Studies major, that's why I didn't know about this letter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 pm 

Yes, ad3m, what you have written was quite interesting, but we were NOT writing about SzHÉK of DAS but ex-SzHÉK of seas. Nevermind... What you've written, is otherways true.

ps. SzHÉK of DAS has been formed a few weeks ago, we've been writing of years' tendencies...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: Response
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:51 am 

Dear 'those who are very negative about SZHÉK of DAS',

When i first checked this forum i was a bit upset. Despite the fact, that Im a freshmen , I can see things clear. And one of the major things is that this whole SZHÉK project is for the students themselves in order to help and make things easier for them. Things like registration for courses, advises, book ordering, buddies to talk with etc.

However, when i read what you have just posted, the first thought that came to my mind was that "these guys do not believe in what we are trying to organize, and instead of supporting us, they reject our first steps in order to reach a better community and atmosphere in school." And come on, this is not good. I feel so much sympathy for all my mates in 'wannabe' SZHÉK of DAS, because they really work hard, and get this though.

Perhaps it is my fault, but i cannot understand this whole situation. Instead of talking behind our backs, why dont we get any questions / comments in the opinion box attached to the notice board by room 238? Ohh by the way have you already seen the notice board, how hot and useful it is? If no, please do so. If yes, you had probably seen all the programs and informations we have, besides introducing ourselves and the Department of American Studies. Let me give you some examples. The 'wannabe' SZHÉK of DAS has already organized:

- theater activity
- american football match visitings (2 times) FOR FREE
- movie nights (which were some of the best activities in my life)
- and Hitchcock afternoons

And these programs are still running with one exception, and also some new ones are coming. Isn't it that what you call enthusiasm? Guess so..
(Please note that officially we are still not the SZHÉK of DAS!)

Anyway, replying to "I wonder why would-be Szhek members don't introduce themselves here in this forum. Like who they are, what they want to achieve as Szhek members etc", I gladly copy one of the many letters that has been sent by us to all the students registered on Yahoo! Group. It goes like:

Dear Faculty of the Department of American Studies,

As you might have noticed, a few of us American Studies majors have decided to freshen up student life in our Department and bring to life the "SZHÉK of DAS" (Amerikanisztika Szakos Hallgatói Érdekképviselet – Student Body Representation). The new "would-be” SZHÉK of DAS (official elections will only take place at the end of September but we nevertheless intend to work in the meantime) has set up a notice board by room 238.

The board is divided into three parts:

- the red part is about the SZHÉK (functions, members, etc.)

- the middle white part is about the Department (faculty, programs, courses, scholarships, etc.)

- the blue part is about various extracurricular programs organized by and for DAS students (movie night, drama club, American football - baseball events, etc.)

The board is not yet complete, certain parts are still under construction. We plan to make and keep it informative and neat – and in this we hope to count on your cooperation too.

At this time, we would like to post information about your Teacher Assistants. Please, if you have any TAs, and you do not mind having them posted, kindly send their names (numbers, emails, etc.) to Judit Petraskó j_petrasko@yahoo.com so we can share this information with the student body as soon as possible.

Also, if you have anything you would like to have posted on the board, or any comments-suggestions on how to make it more complete, informative, and colorful, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, or simply use our opinion box located in the red part of the board.

Enthusiastically yours,

"SZHÉK of DAS"

Ádám Mészáros (freshman)

Dániel Cseh (sophomore)

Zsolt Gulyás (junior)

Judit Petraskó (senior)

Vivien Boronyák (senior)

szhek_of_das@yahoo.com

"SZHÉK of DAS - To Bring US Together"

<Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:55:07 -0700 (PDT)>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you might see, we are not that lazy [thanks to all the four members, because it is their glory (Juci, Vivi, Zsolt, Dani)], and we really try to solve the negative sides of things, including your opinions too. Personally, I can be honest and say that we do appreciate all your helps, ideas, comments and questions, but please be strict and tell if any of them occurs. I guess this is the only way of finding a solution.

In summary, what if you all (except for those who already are) would be a bit more positive, and would face the fact that we are trying to do our best in charge of your expectations (although it is not as easy as you may think)? Would not it be fair? I think so.

Finally, PLEASE still do not hesitate to contact any of us, read our introductions, take part in any of our programs, ask and comment, diss or support... But before all these, inform yourselves perfectly.

We are still counting on your votes.
Thank you for your attention!

Enthusiastically YOURS,

Ádám Mészáros (freshman)
adamm_us@yahoo.com
06-70/520-5510
"SZHÉK of DAS"

szhek_of_das@yahoo.com

"SZHÉK of DAS - To Bring US Together"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:35 pm 

szigetva wrote:
My experience with the SzHEK elections: there were far too few candidates for the number of places available. I.e., there was no choice.

there are so many mayors where there are fewer representatives than the maximum... still they are there. Of course, if nobody votes, well that's a bigger problem. I mean, you (not you, but students of seas) can vote to as many candidates as you wish (1-10 since there are 10 seats).

halmtomi wrote:
I wonder why would-be Szhek members don't introduce themselves here in this forum. Like who they are, what they want to achieve as Szhek members etc.

I wrote an e-mail to the DAS SzHÉK members-to-be (those five student's who have that board on the third floor) to invite them to Intézeti Tanács and also to ask them to introduce themselves here at the forum and got an answer (in a week or so) that we might want to meet up some times. That's all I know about them. They claim that they would do more than what they are doing now when are elected (which is reasonable since without a permission their hands are quite bound). By the way, there is a topic where I tried to introduce them as much as I could. (please take a look at 'DAS SzHÉK' and 'Pótválasztások' topics.)

Melgirl wrote:
I didn't hear anything about the SzHEK elections, or what they do, when they do it, or how. The first and last time I met someone from SzHEK in their capacity as a SzHEK rep was on the orientation day for new students 4 years ago. Did anyone know who the SzHEK reps were? (I think I knew 2) Or how they were helping English majors?

Well, that is what is about to change, I think. I do trust these new, fresh and very enthusiastic guys. Which does not mean that either CETT nor English mayors have such people, by the way.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:34 pm 

I wonder why would-be Szhek members don't introduce themselves here in this forum. Like who they are, what they want to achieve as Szhek members etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:50 pm 

I don't know about why there were so few candidates.

Speaking from experience (granted from secondary college and not in Hungary) for positions in the SRC (Student Representative Council) there was such competition to get in that there was a point to the voting. I was part of the SRC and it was a most enjoyable experience to see things happening the way we students imagined would make things better.

I didn't hear anything about the SzHEK elections, or what they do, when they do it, or how. The first and last time I met someone from SzHEK in their capacity as a SzHEK rep was on the orientation day for new students 4 years ago. Did anyone know who the SzHEK reps were? (I think I knew 2) Or how they were helping English majors?

Also do students who are English majors but don't speak/ aren't Hungarian have any idea about the SzHEK? Do they have chances to get in? Is there something for them? Just wondering as that may cause a lower turnout too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:40 am 

My experience with the SzHEK elections: there were far too few candidates for the number of places available. I.e., there was no choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:32 am 

Quote:
What I know about Szhék is that there wasn't enough people in last semester to devote half a minute from their lives and vote for the candidates.

If you're talking about the 'voting' that was going on last semester in front of the HOK office in ADS well then all I can say was a sad affair. I didn't vote not because of the time or anything like that- simple reason: when they asked me to vote and I said I didn't know any of them they said it doesn't matter just vote for anyone. This is not the way to run things. I don't know any of the candidates and like in any other election I'm not going to do a 'donkey vote' for the sake of voting. If they want people to vote then they should get out there, make themselves heard and make it obvious when there that they are doing something. No use blaming people for not voting if they don't know anything about anything.

But that's off the topic of the ETR I believe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:21 pm 

I had the impression during my university years so far, that only a tiny group of students is interested enough, to actually do something in order to change things. (They are always happy to complain but that's all.)

What I know about Szhék is that there wasn't enough people in last semester to devote half a minute from their lives and vote for the candidates. So there is no Szhék this semester (as far as I know) because they weren't elected.

(It was the same case with the course demand surveys.)

I have no idea how to make others more interested. :cry:

I'll try my best! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:35 pm 

Then it is a pity that members of SzHEK do not inform SEAS about their status, and do not turn up at the Institute Council meetings, where they have the right to participate and vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:49 am 

" This is why it is a pity there's no SzHEK at SEAS. "

I thought we had SZHEK this semester. American studies students at least, Vivien Boronyak and Zsolt Gulyas told me they were in.