ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:50 pm 

I haven't heard anything about it but knowing what Hungarians are like about papers/ diplomas I wouldn't be surprised if someone did get rejected because a lack of an extra 'paper'. If you want to remain in Hungary then you might want to use up your spare psych. + methodolgy credits/ or whatever for it. On the other hand if you don't want to stay then I don't think anyone would reject you for lacking a 'teacher's diploma'.

That's my two cents worth and I'm not getting the teacher's diploma :wink:

Post subject: How much more is a teacher's diploma worth?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:13 pm 

Deal All,

I have a question mainly to those who have already got a diploma at the Faculty of Arts or who know someone who has, and my question is whether a "tanári" diploma is treated differently when applying for jobs not connected to education.

The backstory to my question is that in the film history department one of the teachers had advised all of the film students to get a teacher's diploma because one of his former students got rejected a job because he only had a "normal" Faculty of Arts diploma and not a teacher one - the person was applying for a job that was entirely unconnected to education.
Also, I have heard the advice "you should go get a teacher's diploma since you'll be better off then" more than once.

I am in my fourth year, working beside university because I have no other income to pay the bills and rent with, and while I'm mostly finished with my two majors, I still have many psychology classes (plus methodology) to get to, because I've fallen behind schedule with them before the new strong prerequisites were introduced there. It is also important to note that at this point I do not intend to teach in either primary or secondary schools.
So now I have to decide what to do. If I drop the teacher area of my studies, I can finish my majors (without thesis) by the end of my tenth or eleventh semester. If I choose to go for the teachering, I can finish my studies (not counting thesis) earliest in my thirteenth semester if everything goes well and I don't fail anything. Which would mean that I'd be paying a fee in the last semester (if that system doesn't change until then).

So I'd like to ask if any of you have heard any feedback regarding any difference in the treatment of people who have a "simple" bölcsészdiploma and who have a tanári bölcsészdiploma when applying for jobs.

Another question is that if I do change my mind about becoming a teacher after I get a diploma is there any sort of, uh, képzés, that ELTE does that only includes teacher courses.

Thank you in advance.