ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:17 pm 

Adam Dobay wrote:
Thank you, I will look at the TVSz when I get hold of one.
There's one here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:42 am 

Thank you, I will look at the TVSz when I get hold of one. Unfortunately my experience shows that a teacher will more likely offer me a tanegységelhagyás -- before that was exactly the thing to do, but not now with the new system. I do not know why they had to make it interfere with your average score and scholarship money. That is why I was looking for a more global solution which my acquaintance says is available, I just do not know the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:53 am 

You may try to negotiate this affair individually with the teachers, explaining your situation. Items of interest in the TVSz are: KTVSz 32, 33, ETVSz 55. Good luck.

Post subject: How not to lose your credits because of unforeseen events
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:06 am 

Hello,

I know this is not the exact forum for this but I could not find a more appropriate one.

It unfortunately happened that I broke down with a rather uncommon illness caused by a sort of virus that is dangerous only to one somethingeth of the population. I had to be absent from more than three weeks of classes because of a., the virus being contagious in its first period and b., the several other other illnesses (such as high fevers or tonsillitis) this virus had drawn in like some sort of a disease magnet.
Now I have to say that I am lucky - if it weren't for the large amount of Mondays and Tuesdays that have been left out, I would already have to make all my seminars "elhagyott" because of the illness and having to run from doctor to doctor and from hospital to hospital every day. With all the free days this semester I now am at the last tolerated absence with each of my seminars, so I am on quite a shaky ground.

But that is not the main problem. With almost four weeks missing from all of my classes, I cannot be sure that I can a., catch up with all that I've missed with the strict schedules that are given for most of my classes and b., finish all of these lectures and seminars properly.
As previously an "elhagyott tanegység" would not reduce my average scores and my scholarship money, the new system does not enable me to drop the classes that I simply cannot finish, I would simply lose all hopes of getting any money this semester (and also losing the eligibility for a köztársasági ösztöndíj).
One of my acquaintances has told me that there is some sort of a special paper for such occasions, signed by the Dean, that acknowledges that I may not finish my classes this semester because of unforeseen events outside of me, and will not count as "elhagyott tanegység".

My question is whether anyone has heard about this and how it works.