ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:14 pm 

R_Gabor wrote:
It seems I finally managed to find the answer:

The 3 extra semesters after the 10th are not free, but our studies are still supported by the state, we 'only' have to pay 15 000 HUF for the 11th, 25 000 for the 12th and 35 000 for the 13th semester. During these 3 semesters, one's no longer eligible for any kind of scholarship or grant. From the 14th term, the fee is around 130 000 HUF / semester as one's no longer supported.

I also happen to know from reliable sources that these regulations are against the law. Every student must be provided 13 terms free of charge, so let's jjust hope that they'll change this by the time we finish our 10th term.

That's weird, I heard of many who couldn't finish their studies in 10 semesters but they didn't have to pay. Naturally, they didn't get any scholarship either. This is because the state pays for 10 semesters and forces the univ. to pay for another 3 if needed. Seriously.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:32 pm 

It seems I finally managed to find the answer:

The 3 extra semesters after the 10th are not free, but our studies are still supported by the state, we 'only' have to pay 15 000 HUF for the 11th, 25 000 for the 12th and 35 000 for the 13th semester. During these 3 semesters, one's no longer eligible for any kind of scholarship or grant. From the 14th term, the fee is around 130 000 HUF / semester as one's no longer supported.

I also happen to know from reliable sources that these regulations are against the law. Every student must be provided 13 terms free of charge, so let's jjust hope that they'll change this by the time we finish our 10th term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:11 am 

R_Gabor wrote:
I wonder if anybody has some information about when I have to start paying if I decide to study longer than 10 semesters (or earn more than 330 credits).

A woman at TO told me that the first 10 terms are free no matter how many credits I earn, after that I have to pay 15 000 HUF for each extra semester.

A Student council member later told me that I have to pay a certain amount of money for each extra credit, although he couldn't tell me when the points start counting as extra, since a double-major participating in teacher training and taking FRSZ and compulsory P.E. already has about 340 credits.

10/13 semesters are financed by the State. Theoretically, this means 330 credits but what this means in practice, I don't know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:09 pm 

R_Gabor wrote:
I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with some reliable pieces of information.
Me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:41 pm 

I wonder if anybody has some information about when I have to start paying if I decide to study longer than 10 semesters (or earn more than 330 credits).

A woman at TO told me that the first 10 terms are free no matter how many credits I earn, after that I have to pay 15 000 HUF for each extra semester.

A Student council member later told me that I have to pay a certain amount of money for each extra credit, although he couldn't tell me when the points start counting as extra, since a double-major participating in teacher training and taking FRSZ and compulsory P.E. already has about 340 credits.

Then there's the story about getting extra terms (2 for single majors and 3 for double majors) during which we can study for free.

I have a long time before I have to start worrying about this, but I'd like to know for sure when planning my studies.

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with some reliable pieces of information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:09 pm 

You are right of course, but since no one told me this at the beginning of my studies nor later, i would be quite mad if I would be compelled to pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:21 pm 

Basically, one can take up a second major for free only if it is a "teacher major". It is a good question whether you have to take up teacher training in such situations or not. Sorry to say, but there might be some racionality in fact if you had to, because this possibility was opened due to the intention to train two-major techers. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:43 pm 

Thats one piece of good news at least. :) If you happen to get to know something, please drop a line about it. I know that Im not the only one concerned.

Anyway Thanx!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:10 am 

That you're the first I hear about this from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:35 am 

What does that supposed to mean? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:04 am 

:?: :?: :?:

Post subject: Rumors about money-related issues
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:58 pm 

I thought it would be appropriate to set up a separate topic for discussing such problems.

My particular situation is as follows: Im a credit-system student in my 6. term, with two majors (english-german). There´s a new rumor spreading that if a student with two pedagogy capable (tanarkepes) majors, does not participate in such a ped. training at neither of the two majors, then he/she can be made pay for one of his/her majors.

So i do everything except the (supposedly voluntary) pedagogy training, but still they can make me pay back (maybe even visszaemenoleg) large sums of money for one of my majors, as if I would become a "koltsegteriteses" student?

I would be outraged if this proves true, as of course no one informed me of such a "phenomenon" up till now!

Any help (especially of Mr. szigetva) is highly appreciated! :cry: