ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm 

Well, that's hard to tell. In the spring term we had about 2000 registered students (without evening/correspondence programmes and doctoral students). I deleted the AN/AKN thesis writers, the sum now is 1717. The newcomers are 383 in number, plus about a dozen who made it only in a second go (after an appeal, etc.).

There are 2911 entries in the student list currently, 85 are AN(N)/AM(N) students (they are counted twice).

To conclude: heaven knows. I expect about 1500-1600 preregisterers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:06 pm 

clarika wrote:
halmtomi wrote:
It is very helpful that we can check how many people have submitted a preregistration already, but unfortunately, I for one don't really know how many students are expected to submit one. Could somebody please give an approximate number?

??? it highly depends on which courses you want to take (to intro courses it is more predictable than to a 300 course...)

I mean the total number of students who need to register to any course. If you know that (say) 1295 students have registered already and x is the total, it gives you a (rather approximate) idea how safe your prereg positions are. If 95% of students have done their preregistration, your position on the lists will probably remain about the same, if it's only 50%, that's a much more volatile situation. I guess that's why szigetva posted this piece of information in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 pm 

halmtomi wrote:
It is very helpful that we can check how many people have submitted a preregistration already, but unfortunately, I for one don't really know how many students are expected to submit one. Could somebody please give an approximate number?

??? it highly depends on which courses you want to take (to intro courses it is more predictable than to a 300 course...)

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:53 pm 

szigetva: thank you very much! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:56 pm 

Many AM/AMN courses also have ANN/AKN codes. If so you can take them either as an English course or as a "general studies" one. If a course has only AM/AMN codes, English majors can only take them as "general studies".

Post subject: prereg for AM?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:48 pm 

Hello everyone,

I saw the very first "reply" in this topic. According to szigetva, we can preregister for AN/AKN/ANN... courses via the SEAS system, INCLUDING AM/AMN courses (?). I am planning to take some AM courses, but not very long ago was told that I cannot take these courses this way, only in the ETR as a "közismereti kurzus" (and therefore I need not preregister for them, just turn up at the first seminar). I am a bit confused now. So does anyone know whether I can take AM courses in the SEAS prereg system or do I just go to the first seminar next week and hope to get accepted?

Thanks,

Anna

Post subject: hm
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:40 pm 

Thanks for your fast answer!!! Now I can start doing my schedule...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:36 am 

Sure, it's only the code that counts: a ZAN-... course counts as a nonEnglish course. Go ahead.

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:30 am 

Thank you for the info!
So, this means that even though I'm an English major, I can still take these 311, 312, 321, 322 courses as general courses (közismereti)?
I hope I can, because I don't need a lot of English major credits, but I really want to take these courses, and I really need general course credits. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:42 pm 

Sorry, I linked the wrong file. It's the right one now (but reload the page, in case it should still be in your cache).

Post subject: can't find it
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 pm 

I can't find the courses I'm looking for. They're lectures: 311 and 321 courses, but they're not on the list of equivalencies. I found the course equivalencies for seminars.
Please help! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:55 am 

There's a raw list at http://seas3.elte.hu/identical_courses.data

Post subject: Re: course equivalencies
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:23 am 

dzsuzsi wrote:
Can sb please tell me where I can find the course equivalencies for SEAS courses? I want to take some of them as general courses, and I don't know the ZAN code for any of the SEAS courses.

I'm interested in the 300 courses. I have almost completed my spec. studies, I only need 4 credits, but from the general courses (kozismereti) I need like 40, so I think it's a good idea to do some of the 300 SEAS, literature courses (312, 322) as general courses. Oh, I'm in the credit system.

I hope it's possible. :?

If you log in at the student entry you can easily check at the "check prereg. lists" menu, but ANN-312 and ANN-322 courses normally have no ZAN equivalents. Some can be taken as "Brittish Studies" program, but not too many.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject: course equivalencies
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:44 pm 

Can sb please tell me where I can find the course equivalencies for SEAS courses? I want to take some of them as general courses, and I don't know the ZAN code for any of the SEAS courses.

I'm interested in the 300 courses. I have almost completed my spec. studies, I only need 4 credits, but from the general courses (kozismereti) I need like 40, so I think it's a good idea to do some of the 300 SEAS, literature courses (312, 322) as general courses. Oh, I'm in the credit system.

I hope it's possible. :?