All times are UTC + 1 hour

Is there a need for this topic
Yes 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Life is not just black and white. I don't know... 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Home essays VS Tests
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:30 pm 

If you want to avoid tests (ZH) written on the lesson, and you prefer home essays, I can suggest the following courses:

History of English with Farkas Judit (only 1 ZH at the end of the course. Not impossible, but a bit more difficult that you expected.

Autobiographies with Farkas Ákos (1 presentation, 1 home essay)

Utopia-Dystopia seminar with Czigányik Zsolt (1 pres., 1 he)

Harry Potter seminar (1 pres., home essay from the same topic)

Majority of literature subjects are like this, even though you have to read a lot for them for every week. Sometimes it is a lot of fun.

Read course descriptions before/during pre-registration at SEAS website. Most of the subjects have it, and it is written down whether there are tests or home essays.

Post subject: AKN-299
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:24 pm 

How to deal with Second Profficiency exam (AKN-299)?
This is probably the most difficult exam at ELTE. The reasons for that is that the department wish the students to speak an unspoken academic language, to achive a kind of language that only exist in scientifical publications. On the other hand its evaluation is rather subjective. Well, maybe they are right, and you must be on the wished level of the language to be a teacher in a highschool.

You can try this exam 4 times. Only once in each semester (no UV possibility). AKN programme is 4 semesters too, so try it at the very beginning, even if you feel you have no chance to pass it. At least you meet the exercises, the needed skills, so you can practice better for the next time(s). Whatever you feel, just go and try it, you can't lose anything.

Further info come after my first try.

Post subject: Getting Started
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:55 pm 

If you are an AKN student, you've already had a degree, and you've done couple of courses in your previous studies.
For AKN Students the compulsory subjects are: History of English lecture, History of English seminar, History of USA, History of UK1, History of UK2, Second Profficiency, Tutoral seminar.
From this list, you don't have to do History of UK1-2, and History of USA as probably you've done them or something similar during previous studies.
How to accept the previously done subjects?
From the BTK website, you can download a paper - Kreditátviteli Kérelem - that you have to fill and ask for a signature from the teacher who teaches the ELTE subject, or find and be very kind to Mr. Ferenc Győző, the head of anglisztika tanszék, who can also sign this form. So either you convince your teachers that you've already learnt their subject and ask them to sign your paper, or if they don't want, just go to Ferenc Győző, who will sign it instead of all the teachers. Then you have to go to the secretary of the tanszék, who gives you a stamp on the paper. In the first 3 weeks, you have to hand the paper to the TO, room 16, Kreditátviteli ügyintézés office. They will tell you, that the non-majro subjects (tesi, retorika, filozófia) are not needed to be signed by the teachers on this form. But the workers of the TO are evil, and love chaos. They lie...you have to sign all subjects with somebody, and never forget, that you have 3 weeks to find all teh teachers and hand the Kreditátviteli Kérelem in.

...to be continued...

Post subject: AKN Walkthrough Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:32 am 

Dear All,
As a newbie I have some questions at the very beginning. For the first grade students, there is a different and special registration day, in which we have to appear personally. We have to take some documents with us (high-school final exam diploma, language exam papers, TB-card, tax-card, etc.) As I can not be there, I'd like to prepare my emissary.
So what is going on on this registration day except of getting the information about our INDEX? What do they mean about language exam? (all of us have English teacher degree that is equal to an advanced level exam - so they want to see that again???)
Is that serious that they need my TB-card? What for? I've never used that, and have no idea about where it is.
What kind of papers do we have to sign except of selling our souls to the devil?:)
I believe that the TO will not have time to check all the required documents. If they want to collect them, it can not be serious that they want the original ones...

Thanks for helping,
Zoli

Ps.: In this topic I planned to post some questions and answers, and a more detailed series of AKN Walkthrough - how to finish this school in a logical way.