ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:07 pm 

Thanx for the help and the idea, it seems that this time I've found better and more useful courses! :D

uzs wrote:
I highly recommend the courses held by the American department teachers. So far I enjoyed their lessons most. (But you have to note, that there are few of them -both teachers and courses- and many American studies students who have priority.) As for the other courses... well, well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:00 pm 

thanks a lot for the info :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:34 pm 

False. It IS financed by the State. No fee or whatsoever. If U do the AKN after your first college degree as a supplementary major it is for free (see the current TVSZ for further details).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:57 am 

I am also wondering that is it really financed by state? I mean, I heard some rumours that even if it is announced as financed by state acztually when you are admitted you have to pay some fee.

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:59 pm 

well I'll give it a try, anyway, no matter the courses. There's not much opportunity for peeps with a college degree t continue their studeis - financed by State.. Only ELTE and Pázmány provide this... We'll see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:43 pm 

Eszterke wrote:
Well, you should try it but it goes only for the paper! It's hard to enjoy after the college. But some people might be luckier than me by finding better courses.
Naturally there are exceptions.
:cry:

I highly recommend the courses held by the American department teachers. So far I enjoyed their lessons most. (But you have to note, that there are few of them -both teachers and courses- and many American studies students who have priority.) As for the other courses... well, well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:45 pm 

Teemeah wrote:
Thanks a lot :) I'll definitely give it a try! I want to have a uni degree and do PhD later....

Thanks for the help, once again.

Cheers

Well, you should try it but it goes only for the paper! It's hard to enjoy after the college. But some people might be luckier than me by finding better courses.
Naturally there are exceptions.
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:50 pm 

Thanks a lot :) I'll definitely give it a try! I want to have a uni degree and do PhD later....

Thanks for the help, once again.

Cheers

Post subject: AKN
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:09 pm 

Hi Tímea,

I started the supplementary major last year and, as far I've experienced, it's a piece of cake. Fine... it's not that easy, but if U've done CETT then U'll definitely find AKN pretty easy. It's not demanding (very few classes), so U can miss 2 or max 3 days a week, depending on how U set up your timetable. As for me, last term I'd all my classes on Tuesday and Thursday. :lol: It's worth noting that I never attend lectures... :wink:

I'm dead cert that U can specialize in literature, but (to be on the safe side) drop szigetva a line about it. The point is that U have to obtain at least 24 credits in the field you wanna spec in. What's more, there're only 5 compulsory courses (1 seminar and 4 lectures). Apart from these, U have the total freedom of choice. I guess U've to have approx. 54 credits by the end of your studies (thesis=25 credits).

Give it a try. I'm sure U'll be able to adjust your studies to your job, just like me or anyone else I know.

If U have any more Qs feel free to contact me.

Post subject: AKN students tell your opinion and experiences!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:44 pm 

Hi everyone!

I'm just about to apply, having a college degree, and I am seriously worried about the schedule. I live quite far from Budapest, and I have a full-time job which means I can miss one, maximum two days a week... If there's anyone having the same problems, share your experiences and opinion, please! is it managable? How could you solve the problem of travelling to early lessons and accomodation? Is it possible to rent a room at the dorms if necessary? I'm interested in everything.

+ I read the FAQ about specialization, and I haven't seen literature there. Would it be possible to take more courses on literature? Just interested. :)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Timea