ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:34 am 

Thank you Dr. Szigetvari! :D

Isn't ETVSz 66. § something a bit obsolete then for the purposes of the state examinations? After all has anyone really gone up to the TO or those responsible, 3 months before the exam to tell them that they do indeed wish to take the state examination that semester?

Well I suppose with bringing the date forward for the sheets they wanted to make sure that only those people will apply for the examination who are sure they will finish their thesis by the 31st. I'm not sure but I sure as heck better now that I'm handing in the request to sit the exam! :)

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:19 pm 

When a deadline falls on a nonworkday, it automatically extends till the next workday. (The deadline for this used to be 31 March, which is logical because you don't know if you will have finished your thesis before that date.) Checking the TVSz, however, much to my surprise I found this:
ETVSz 66. § wrote:
(5) Záróvizsgára írásban lehet jelentkezni a kari tanulmányi hivatalban legkésőbb a záróvizsga-időszak kezdetét megelőzően 3 hónappal.
That date happens to be 22 Feb this term.

Post subject: State examination
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 pm 

Hello everyone,

The news is that the sheet announcing the student's intention to sit the state examination is due in on the 15th of March. needless to say that is a public holiday. Any news about the deadline being extended? Because I'm in the process of finding someone to hand it in for me tomorrow but the info on the door of room 17 at MUK is that they are only open on Mondays (9am to 12pm) and wednesdays (1 to 4pm). Practical times aren't they :roll: I wonder if they'll ever discover the system employed in other countries (or at least the southern hemisphere) 9 am to 4pm Mon to Fri office not closed for lunch. Bah, but that's a rant! So about the state examination paper, any news?

Thanks.