ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:24 pm 

Parat wrote:
Sounds great. Are they coming this semester too? ...

They might, I'm not sure, since they've got an ever increasing stock of great books, and they can only bring a fraction of their stockpile, but you can alway look for what you need on their website, or visit them in their store near Keleti pályaudvar (Thököly út 18.) - yes, near ADS as well :). It's open every day except on Sundays.
Also, they've just started selling French books as well - apart from the former Eng. and German ones...

Another great shop -- if you're looking for something not out of print yet :) - is at Pozsonyi u. called Pendragon -- don't know the No. but it's just a few corners away from Jászai Mari tér, on the right side. It's selling new books at a price near their original (printed on them), without the unreasonably huge add on prices like in some major bookshops.

Good luck,
Zo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:52 pm 

Sounds great. Are they coming this semester too? I'm especially interested in the book for the modern british literature course.

Post subject: Good news about Bookstation
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:30 pm 

Bookstation will visit again on 28th February and 1-2nd March, according to the SEAS calendar.

And their store has moved to Budapest, near the Keleti railway station, two bus stops from the ADS campus. They'll open on 15th February. You'll be able to choose from a greater selection of used books than before, and you'll also be able to buy from publishers' remainder stock, as well as order new books from a catalogue. You can read the details of all this at http://www.bookstation.hu .

And I'm very glad this shop exists and has such a good selection. I've already ordered two Cynthia Voigt novels from them, among other books. 8-)

Take care,
Júlia Recski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:12 am 

Also, you can visit http://www.bookstation.hu , the first Hun. online second-hand bookshop selling English (and German) books, where you can order some for peanuts :), I've already bought lots of books from them. Or you can even wait for their next visit at the ADS Library on 6-8th December (if you by chance haven't yet noticed the crowds on the first days of the last months at the library :). So if you find something you like in their catalogue and don't want to pay for postage & packing, you can ask them to bring it to their next visit. Of course not merely as wide range of books as ebay (or the like) but worth trying.
take care,

FZo

Post subject: Ordering second-hand books
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:22 pm 

Hi there,
If you don't wish to buy/order brand-new non-hungarian books, you can still order them at ebay.com.
You must be a regular and reliable customer which you might not be, but which I am.
If you are badly in need of any article - book or whatever - and if you are reliable, please feel free to contact me and I'll see to it.
Yours,
SzK