ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 pm 

Thanks everyone for the input!

In second year we've learned on our Film theory classes that Film is considered to be a language by many people. Based on that I already have my requisites for the language criteria :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:37 am 

cattleya wrote:
For the general BTK part, you may also need a state language exam, if I'm not mistaken. As I remember, those majoring in one language need an elementary state language exam (alapfokú C).

except for those who have 2 modern languages as majors (who have to do none) :)

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:23 pm 

For the general BTK part, you may also need a state language exam, if I'm not mistaken. As I remember, those majoring in one language need an elementary state language exam (alapfokú C).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 pm 

Hi there,

Starting from the end- the compulsory elements are philosophy, rhetorics, computers adn the 2 phys ed. courses. If you have those then you've completed the compulsory elements for the BTK in general.

For the English part of your degree: 24 credits at 3xx level of which 12 max can come from lectures (i.e. you could do the whole 24 credits from seminars but not the whole 24 from lectures etc etc).

You also need all the necessary 2xx which include the compulsory comprehensive linguistics (i.e. 259), literature (i.e. 219) and language (i.e. 299) courses. At 4xx level you need the tutorial seminar for your thesis writing. Plus I think that the two methodology might be compulsory if you're doing teacher training (or not, I'm not sure with that).

Good luck with this semester! :D

Post subject: Any easy way to find out how many courses I have left?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:22 pm 

Hello everyone,

As I'm entering my fifth year this semester, I've spent the last few days trying to find out what classes I have yet to take in this fine institution. Now, on my other major, Film, which is quite straightforward in ETR's list of green ticks and stop signs ("Tanterv információ"), I can easily see that I have to take 2 more courses of one type and five more of another type, and the rest is the thesis courses.

However, the same chart for English (because of all the things you can do at SEAS) is much more of a maze. Apart from that I have to take a couple more 2xx-courses, I only know that we have to take 24 credits in 3xx-courses, 12 of which having to be seminars (right?). Which means I would have to take 19 more credits next to the 5 I have from 3xx-courses.

But then what? I've dropped the teacher part of things so I don't have to worry about that, but I'm a bit lost in the rest of the maze of courses and I'm afraid I'll have remaining courses jumping at me from the dark when I think I'm finished and I'm really not. I know there's the compulsory rhetorics and philosophy and two P.E. courses taken in alternate semesters. But is there anything else?