ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:52 pm 

clarika wrote:

you can get the 1 for the exam, because the two exams take place in the same room, just to answer the question.

thanks,
however i think your answer referred to something else than what my question was.
the point of my question was rather that i couldn't register and thus i'm not on the list of examinees. now, is it possible to get a mark when one is not on the list? this is a rather administrational problem, i guess.

yours,
p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:17 pm 

pé wrote:
szigetva wrote:
No. You can only sit such an exam, if you receive a mark. So you can afford not to show up only if you succeed in persuading the examiner -- against the regulations -- to fail you without being present.

and is it possible to attend an exam i couldn't register to, because it was already full, just to receive a 1 and go for uv? or is it impossible because i'm not on the list? :?

american lit 1-2, you know...

thanks,
p

you can get the 1 for the exam, because the two exams take place in the same room, just to answer the question.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:57 pm 

You should consult the examiner, or his/her head of department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:39 pm 

szigetva wrote:
No. You can only sit such an exam, if you receive a mark. So you can afford not to show up only if you succeed in persuading the examiner -- against the regulations -- to fail you without being present.

and is it possible to attend an exam i couldn't register to, because it was already full, just to receive a 1 and go for uv? or is it impossible because i'm not on the list? :?

american lit 1-2, you know...

thanks,
p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:30 am 

That's bad news. But anyway, thanks for your answer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:13 pm 

ETVSz 51. § (3) says: ``Utóvizsga-időpontra meghirdetetett vizsgára csak az utóvizsgára utasított, illetve a javítani szándékozó hallgatók jelentkezhetnek.''
If you do not turn up, you cannot register for an utóvizsga date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:06 pm 

ETR/BTK Hirdetőtábla wrote:
Ha a jelentkezés visszavonása nélkül maradnak távol a vizsgáról, az eredménytelen vizsgának számít, amely egyszeri jegyszerzési kísérletnek minősül.

But the no-show counts as an attempt - one of the four possible attempts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:49 pm 

Post subject: UV
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:32 pm 

Is it possible to sit an UV exam if I register for an earlier date but don't show up there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:39 pm 

Yes, of course. You have to register and come to the exam. This is a normal comprehensive examination like any other, no matter how you accomplish it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:09 pm 

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right place to write about my problem -- still, better than ETR :)

I'd like to know if I have to register for an exam date if I want my average to become my ANN-259 (Comprehensive examination in linx) mark? If I have to make a guess, according to ETR priciples, I think I should. Still, I don't want to take somebody's place. Or mess things up.

Thx in advance.

Virag
(csillagvirag]gmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:12 pm 

Well, I consulted Ms Bollobás in mail in connection with my problem and she said that two exam dates are given for the exams according to the rules . So I have 3 options:
- postpone one of them for next term
- take both at a different date (thus trying to take the exam at my other major another day)
- take one of the exams on the retake-date (but then I must have a 1 in my markbook before...)

I think only option 2 is more or less suitable... :-(

Post subject: registering for exams
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:15 pm 

[to answer my question:]
:idea: We can register for the exams from 5th May 7AM. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:10 pm 

I see... I just wait some days for the reply and then I must act again, I think. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 pm 

cattleya wrote:
"A vizsgaidőszakban történő írásbeli vizsgára legalább két alkalmat kell biztosítani úgy, hogy a két vizsga között legalább két hét teljen el."- then, in this case, the two dates are not in the exam period, only one of them...
This is tricky: the attribute "vizsgaidőszakban történő" is restrictive: those written examinations that take place in the exam period.... The one we talk about is not like this. The reason for this restriction is that there are several other types of exams (cf. ETVSz 48. §).

Note the following:
ETVSz 50. § wrote:
(7) A vizsgaidőpontokkal kapcsolatos, a hallgatók és a kurzus vezetője közti vita esetén a hallgatók a szakért felelős oktatási szervezeti egység vezetőjéhez fordulhatnak, aki a hallgatókra és a kurzus vezetőjére egyaránt kötelező érvényű döntést hoz.
This is why I urge you to consult Dr Bollobás.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next