ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:51 pm 

Yes. Since taking the ANN-245 exam is not impeded by not having a mark for the ANN-246 seminar, not taking it resulted in an "elhagyott" course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:48 pm 

clarika wrote:
szigetva wrote:
clarika wrote:
Well, you're wrong at this point: syntax2 lecture has a weak prereq: syntax 2 seminar.
Let me interrupt the discussion: the syntax 2 seminar is a prerequisite of the syntax 2 lecture in the old (pre-2002) system, not in the credit system. I.e., AN-246 is a prerequisite of AN-245, but ANN-246 is NOT a prerequisite of ANN-245. (ANN-244 is a prerequisite of ANN-246 though.) This can be learnt from the relevant curriculum.

oops, sorry.

well, now i'm a bit confused :?
i guess, if all 3 attempts are shown in etr, it means they are registered as "elhagyott" which then means i have to ask for a 'dekani' for the syntax 2 lecture (as well), even if i couldn't pass the seminar. or not?
i guess i'm doomed, but please tell me if not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:05 am 

cattleya wrote:
clarika wrote:
the second time somebody hands in a dékáni, s/he will be put to "költségtérítéses képzés".

Just wondering, because this is completely new to me. I always thought that one can ask for a 'dékáni' only once and then is automatically "kicked out" when fails something else for the 4th time...

that would be the original idea (since "dékáni" is a last resort), I don't really know why this came to practice (actually, I do know, but I can't agree with it). Probably there are precedents of both options...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:04 am 

szigetva wrote:
clarika wrote:
Well, you're wrong at this point: syntax2 lecture has a weak prereq: syntax 2 seminar.
Let me interrupt the discussion: the syntax 2 seminar is a prerequisite of the syntax 2 lecture in the old (pre-2002) system, not in the credit system. I.e., AN-246 is a prerequisite of AN-245, but ANN-246 is NOT a prerequisite of ANN-245. (ANN-244 is a prerequisite of ANN-246 though.) This can be learnt from the relevant curriculum.

oops, sorry.

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:02 pm 

clarika wrote:
the second time somebody hands in a dékáni, s/he will be put to "költségtérítéses képzés".

Just wondering, because this is completely new to me. I always thought that one can ask for a 'dékáni' only once and then is automatically "kicked out" when fails something else for the 4th time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:51 am 

clarika wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 am 

pé wrote:
now, you shouldn't be so threatening. it's important to call attention to the problem, because most of the times people need a 'dékáni' through an oversight, yet it's not quite true that after 2 'dékánis' you will automatically be put to 'k.t.'.

well, not really. I am absolutely certain about what I have written. Since our university is, well, not very well fed with money :oops: , the dean does grab every oportunity to get as much from students as possible. and yes, he does put all (I can imagine that there are some very exceptional cases, e.g. someone's parent's have just died etc. when he does not) students to "költségtérítéses képzés" after the second dékáni. (here, I have to underline the fact that it is called a "dékáni méltányossági kérelem" (fairness petition), which means that he can actually kick out everybody who asks for it - I mean, theoretically, obviously, he does almost never do that!)

pé wrote:
this aint based on own experience though it will be, 'cause i just left both the syntax 2 seminar AND the lecture for the third time, so now i will have to ask for 2 'dékánis' at the same time. aint it cool...

Well, you're wrong at this point: syntax2 lecture has a weak prereq: syntax 2 seminar. If you fail to pass the seminar, you cannot (theoretically, of course) go to the lecture. This means that untill you pass the seminar, there is no valid intake of the lecture in your markbook (which means that you did never "elhagy" your lecture).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:36 pm 

clarika wrote:
Might your petition be accepted, you won't want to do such a thing again, the second time somebody hands in a dékáni, s/he will be put to "költségtérítéses képzés".

now, you shouldn't be so threatening. it's important to call attention to the problem, because most of the times people need a 'dékáni' through an oversight, yet it's not quite true that after 2 'dékánis' you will automatically be put to 'k.t.'. i guess they have the option to put you there, but they don't really do it, or at least not always.
(i'm just telling this to help others avoid heart attacks )

this aint based on own experience though it will be, 'cause i just left both the syntax 2 seminar AND the lecture for the third time, so now i will have to ask for 2 'dékánis' at the same time. aint it cool... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:09 pm 

Victoria wrote:
Is there a limitation to the number of UVs (in different subjects) one can take within a single exam period?

no

Victoria wrote:
Do I have to pay or ask for a special permission from the TO? - It is not stated in the vizsgaszabályzat, but to be on the safe side...

If you have 1 subject in your markbook for 3 times without a valid (i.e. at least a 2) mark, or if you fail to pass an exam within 4 attempts (no-shows count here, too), you have to ask for a "dékáni kérelem" that has to be handed to the dean (I don't actually know the procedure, I have never needed to do such thing), who will either accept or refuse this petition (and based on that can you continue with your studies).

Might your petition be accepted, you won't want to do such a thing again, the second time somebody hands in a dékáni, s/he will be put to "költségtérítéses képzés".

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:03 am 

Victoria wrote:
Do no-shows count as an attempted exams?
Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 am 

Do no-shows count as an attempted exams? I.e. if I registered (many times), but did not show up? I know I can enter it 3 times and can sit for it 4 times. I took it 3 times but never actually made it to the exam - does this count? Is there a limitation to the number of UVs (in different subjects) one can take within a single exam period? Do I have to pay or ask for a special permission from the TO? - It is not stated in the vizsgaszabályzat, but to be on the safe side...

TXS A LOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:50 am 

szigetva wrote:
For example, there are disabled students who are examined separately, yet their marks are also entered in the ETR. It also happens that some students who registered for a given date do not turn up. The examiner has the right to examine others in their stead who could not register because of the limit. Some examiners are even so nice that they examine people over the quota. In all these cases, it is useful that examiners can add extra people on their list, AFTER it closes down.

hm. this is something that is good to know... :wink:

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:39 am 

For example, there are disabled students who are examined separately, yet their marks are also entered in the ETR. It also happens that some students who registered for a given date do not turn up. The examiner has the right to examine others in their stead who could not register because of the limit. Some examiners are even so nice that they examine people over the quota. In all these cases, it is useful that examiners can add extra people on their list, AFTER it closes down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:59 am 

szigetva wrote:
No, it is impossible to get a mark if your name is not on the list. Examiners have the power to put you on their list even after the examination.

now I'm not sure whether I understand what you are saying. Is it that if I have forgotten to apply for a date but I get a mark, the examiner can put me on the list and everything is solved? Then what is the point in getting on the list?

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 pm 

No, it is impossible to get a mark if your name is not on the list. Examiners have the power to put you on their list even after the examination.