It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:04 am 

They did so. But tennis is still missing... :roll: :me patient:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:36 pm 

ndf wrote:
I wonder in which sport centre of ELTE will we be able to swim?

Probably at the beach in the middle of the main building on MÚK. Okay, I know, bad joke. It looks more like an ice skating rink now.

By the way, it might interest some of you that today I spoke to the sports centre on the phone and they told me that they are going to upload more sport courses to ETR today or tomorrow (and I guess they will do it tomorrow as they didn't today).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:50 pm 

Not that anything new is told, but might be interesting:

http://www.fn.hu/index.php?id=14&cid=14 ... 2006-09-04

I wonder in which sport centre of ELTE will we be able to swim? (I know I am repeating mysefl... :evil: :cry: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:10 pm 

ÁNTSZ? Well, that figures. Sigh. This sport thing is getting on my nerves. Really. I've seen in ETR someone's noticed that people were applying for the sports classes before registration is even open, and now registration is locked. But there are hundreds of people in line for the 20-place courses. Again. Okay, introduce compulsory P. E., I can agree with that, but then do it properly. I mean, I've been practicing hatha yoga and pranayama for a year, I find it much more efficient than most of the physical edutainment I've seen or been in in my life, but I wouldn't dare go to ELTE yoga as one of my friends got severe spine pains from it. And if you get severe spine pains from yoga, that's usually yoga taught in a wrong way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:48 am 

szigetva wrote:
An anecdote says (I heard it in the late 1980s), that Professor Komoróczy spent two weeks continuously swimming before he could get his university degree.

:lol:

Well, I do not opt for a two-week long tennis match, especially not while facing two final exams... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:01 am 

ndf wrote:
God. That's annoying. :roll: (Btw I am interested where we will be able to take swimming classes now that ADS is closed/sold and the complex @ Lágymányos is rotting half-finished since ten years :x)

I think I will try to figure out this tennis thing somehow, because I don't want to delay this any more...

it is quite funny, there are always less PE courses announced than what students'd need... I've never understood this...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 pm 

An anecdote says (I heard it in the late 1980s), that Professor Komoróczy spent two weeks continuously swimming before he could get his university degree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:45 pm 

God. That's annoying. :roll: (Btw I am interested where we will be able to take swimming classes now that ADS is closed/sold and the complex @ Lágymányos is rotting half-finished since ten years :x)

I think I will try to figure out this tennis thing somehow, because I don't want to delay this any more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:52 pm 

Adam Dobay wrote:
What I read on ATR is that the ADS swimming facilities will not be open, I don't know from when, probably from earlier than the rest of ADS empties. I don't know how much of that is true. I'm just a bit worried I won't be able to finish my sports classes properly.

well, ADS sports' center is closed by ÁNTSZ as far as I know...

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:31 pm 

What I read on ATR is that the ADS swimming facilities will not be open, I don't know from when, probably from earlier than the rest of ADS empties. I don't know how much of that is true. I'm just a bit worried I won't be able to finish my sports classes properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:24 pm 

I don't know, they may announce the new P.E. courses in the following weeks, but I heard that there are problems with the ADS gym (rumour says it closes), maybe this is the reason for the delay... who knows? :?: Btw,there's a topic in ETR about the P.E. courses, maybe people know more there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:50 pm 

You're right. But what about tennis then? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm 

ndf wrote:
Anyway, strangely "Tennis"classes are not advertised under "VTN" code. Should I take a course with a TN code, or what?

Quote:
Kedves Mindenki,
aki általános testnevelésre akar jelentkezni.
Mint minden jelentkezési időben elmondjuk, a TN- TNE- RK- kezdetű, sportosnak hangzó órákra ne jelentkezzetek,
ha valójában nem vagytok testnevelés szakos hallgatók, mert azok a csak testnevelés szakosoknak kijelölt szakórák!

AZ ÁLTALÁNOS, TÖBBEK SZÁMÁRA 2,3,4 féléven keresztül KÖTELEZŐEN TELJESÍTENDŐ TESTNEVELÉS
órarendi kódjai VTN-099-es és XX-099-es kezdetűek. Utánuk jön a sportág rövidítése.
Kérjük, hogy aki tévedésből a szakos testnevelés órákra jelölte be magát, az jelentkezzen ki onnan.

Köszönjük

according to that you cannot take TN courses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:13 am 

Ádám!

Actually there is a sorting sys for sports classes, but it does not work beacuse there are only two categories: those who do ONE major and those who do TWO. When the classes are overfilled by people majoring in two fields and preregistering closes (info.etr.elte.hu), the sys removes everybody from the list and "versenyjelentkezés" starts. That's why you have to be fast... :(
Anyway, strangely "Tennis"classes are not advertised under "VTN" code. Should I take a course with a TN code, or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:26 pm 

Adam Dobay wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm wondering about this year's sports classes. It's not even registration week and all sports courses are not only already full, twice as many people are on each course as they can hold. :shock: I'm in my fifth year, and as those before me have said, I would not like to túlfut just because of the sports classes.
I called the HÖK today where a woman told me that she has no idea what I could do, maybe I should go up to the teachers and ask them to put me in :? (Yeah, right.) I told the woman about the possibility of a sorting by year basis, and she found the concept interesting. :roll: So does anyone know how this works?

you're funny. we're at ELTE. if you know what I mean...
as far as I am concerned, there is no sorting system at all (for PE, I mean), and nobody seems to care about it either. You can, however, write to a webmaster or whoever at PPK and ask. Or you can sit at a computer when registry gates open (it is usually a friday noon...) and be as fast as possible to find a place at a sports class. normally nobody gets in in the first round so there will be place for you.

Adam Dobay wrote:
And yet another question. Every year I see that a lot of people want to do yoga, but there's only one teacher holding one 20-person yoga class every semester. I have a fabulous yoga teacher who I study yoga at but I'm wondering if I can either get him into the curriculum or if I can at least get my own yoga classes under P. E. I know the statistical probability of such a thing must be quite low but there may be something you know and I don't.

as I have said, we're at ELTE. You can try. You might get it through. I wouldn't count on it though. If he gives you a paper that you're doing "egyesületi sport" whatever that means, you can do it (register for "küls? helyszinü edzés" and give the paper to a certain somebody in Dec.).

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu