Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:16 pm 

I've finally understood. Thanks for the patience. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:13 pm 

If you took the course for the third time, and fail to pass, you have to ask for the permission.

You can take a course in a term and attempt to get a mark twice in a term. This is why you can have more than three attempts during the three terms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:54 pm 

It seems I'm rather stupid in this matters. So to make it concrete: it was the third time that I registered for syntax. If i fail at the UV, do I have to ask for the Dean's permission to try it again or not?

I guess the problem is I don't know how one can take an exam without registering for the course? That's why i can't see the difference between the limit of registering and the limit of failures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:50 pm 

Thank you, I see it now. I guess I can try to take most of the exams once in a semester, so the four times version stands for ...well... syntax for example.

Post subject: Re: taking courses several times
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:49 pm 

flinda82 wrote:
Talking about registering courses I read the ETVSZ 19 and the text is not really clear to me. Is it four or three times that I can retry a course? I ask this because it seems that the a) and b) points ot ETVSZ 19./2 seem to contradict.

The two parts you mentioned area about different things. 19/1 deals with the number of times you can register for a course (tárgyfelvétel), which is three (or four, in case of a language exam). 19/2 is about the maximum number of attempts you can make to get a valid mark (jegyszerzési kisérlet), which is 4 at our faculty.

Each exam you attend counts as such an attempt and thus you will be expelled (or will have to ask for the Dean's permission) if you fail the exam for the fourth time OR if you registered for the third time and failed to pass, whichever comes first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:47 pm 

They don't. You probably confuse "felvétel után sem teljesített" and "érdemjegyszerzési kísérlettel sem teljesített". You can take a course three times (except for those exams where you can attempt the examination once a term, which you can take four times) and you can try to get a mark four times. Accordingly, you can try to get a mark four times in each course. And that is very liberal!

Post subject: taking courses several times
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:03 pm 

Talking about registering courses I read the ETVSZ 19 and the text is not really clear to me. Is it four or three times that I can retry a course? I ask this because it seems that the a) and b) points ot ETVSZ 19./2 seem to contradict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:49 am 

Well, well... I THOUGHT I remembered well :)

Thank you very much, I think I will follow your advice. I REALLY hope I'll be able to sort this out :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:13 pm 

Clearly, ETR is unaware of ETVSz 19. § (2) a). Tough luck. Hopefully the clerk at your presonal registration will know of this clause, if not, tell them.

You may also want to mention this in the relevan forum (perhaps segitseg?) of the ETR to check whether this exemption can be coded into the system.

Post subject: ANN-299 vs. ETR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:04 pm 

Hello everyone!

I encountered a strange notice in ETR the other day... I was trying to fill out my "iratkozási nyilatkozat", but when I clicked on the hyperlink, the following message was there:

A szakon nem iratkozhat. Oka: a következő tárgyeleme(ke)t legalább 3 alkalommal vette fel és nem teljesítette: ANN-299 Alapvizsga (3), ezért az iratkozási nyilatkozat modul nem támogatja az iratkozását.

Well, yeah, true, this is my fourth attempt with the 299 exam, yet I thought I knew that I can try this exam 4 times without a Dean's Permission and only if I fail for the fifth time do I get "kicked out" of the University... :?

Could the problem possibly be that no mark has yet been entered to ETR (the results of the 299 exam will be put on the notice board on the 31th)?

Can anyone please tell me whether I am doomed or not? :shock: