ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: "undone" exams
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:57 pm 

I really do not know whom it concerns, so first I try to ask it here. My problem is that most of the English major courses I did the previous semester are still among "undone" exams according to my data in ETR. When will the grades be put there?Won"t it cause me any problem in registering for the English courses in ETR this semester(one is a prerequisitive for a course I take now)?The TO lady at registration already warned me that I haven"t done some exams though I did them. When I informed her I did, she told that then it is the department"s task to put the grades to ETR...Is this only a problem of mine or are there others too?I hope sy can tell me sg useful about it.Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:27 pm 

Fortunately enough, both my majors are at BTK, so I have to face much less problems than some with 3 departments but as a first year English-Hungarian major, I have to say that SEAS is the 'steady point' in my life, while ETR is not in the least reliable at the moment... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:07 pm 

ndf wrote:
What was the problem with seas3? (Fatal breakdown? :) )

Indeed. kalman patched up the hole, and their new attempt was unsuccessful. Hope it remains so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:24 am 

szigetva wrote:
it is clear that belonging to two faculties of ELTE is not good for your health

I can only agree :roll: :lol:
I was just told by TTK TO that my two index books (BTK & TTK) will probably be melted into one in the near future (by BTK using ETR TTK will be able to handle things alone, as TTK & BTK students are TTK based :wink: ), the only problem is that TTK TO workers does not have the slightest idea ofthe BTK curriculums, and about how anything such would work out. TO workers on both faculties have been telling me to come back a few years later (especially with problems that are related to credit points) ever since I started university... :roll:

p.s.: What was the problem with seas3? (Fatal breakdown? :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:00 pm 

We do have the contact data of all (including DETE) staff at http://seas3.elte.hu/directory.html All have an email address, many have a public home and/or mobile number. I think the reason why DETE stopped feeding her course data to seas3 after autumn 2003 was that the most important information, time and place, only became available at the beginning of the term, since DETE works in a fixed time-table system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:53 pm 

Thank You...So the only way is to run up and down searching for teachers...I am Happy:) I hope this chaos will be solved...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:41 pm 

Teglas Gabor wrote:
as an ex-TFK student, SEAS forgot me.
seas3 can only offer information that SEAS departments feed it. DETE (the ex-TFK dept) rarely sends any info to seas3, since most of its business is done by the ETR. Exams registration was a notable exception in the past few terms. We did get their courses in autumn 2003, and they were published then.
Teglas Gabor wrote:
And who tells to the first year students, that they need these courses
DETE does not have any first-year students. Other first year students were mostly sent a letter by BTK informing them of these things. TTK, PPK and IK failed to successfully distribute these letters to newly entering students. (I do not want to blame TTK, PPK and IK, I don't know who was to blame for the chaos that developed last September, but it is clear that belonging to two faculties of ELTE is not good for your health.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:29 pm 

I am a Student of 3 department:
IK can use ETR, registering for classes and exams are clear and simple.
PPK can use ETR, the same. I know where, when and with whom are my PPK and IK classes.
SEAS is maybe great, I don't know. I know, that as an ex-TFK student, SEAS forgot me. Departments using ETR did not.

WHEN? WHERE? WHO? WHY? - I need a british history and a Phonetics course...PLEASE give me one!!! And who tells to the first year students, that they need these courses, because the list in the site of ttkto.elte.hu does not say it.

So my conclusion (and I think 99% of the ex-TFK dual or trial department students think so), ETR better...ok there is timeouts when servere is busy, but there is two weeks to register!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:20 pm 

haramati wrote:

if all the students of the Fac of Arts try to register at the same time, the whole thing will simply collapse.

Yeah, I guess that's what will happen next term, but for now the point is that we only register the courses in ETR to take yet another burden off our beloved TO. By the time we get there, we will all know for sure where we have places, so we can take our time and for once, ETR might not crash. :)

Quote:
what happens if somebody has preregistered successfully, has his/her mark book signed, yet cannot register on the ETR as there are no more places left?....(does he/she register via ETR again in case the TO managed to erase those registered "illegaly"???)

:shock: :shock:

I'm sure that's exactly what happens, so there's no point in registering for a course in ETR if you don't already have a signature. I'm sure there will be some fellow students who'll still do this just to prove that it's possible, but I don't think it will become a habit, so, once again, no need to worry.

(P.S. I'm just a student and I gathered all these infos from the TO, the ETR, the Faculty, SEAS and Mr. Szigetvári's posts, so please correct me, if I'm wrong about any of the above)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:40 pm 

so, what we should do (in my interpretation) is the following:

1. on the first week, 7-11 Feb: Get our mark books signed by the teacher, and make sure that our name is on his/her list of students;

2. on the second week, 16 -25 Feb: Log in ETR, and register for the courses chosen;

3. afterwards the TO will check if the courses in mark books and on the ETR are the same, if so everything will be all right.

But I have some doubts:

I used to register for my courses via ETR at an other faculty of this university and if the registration began at noon, I was thrown out of the sys for hours, if all the students of the Fac of Arts try to register at the same time, the whole thing will simply collapse.

Secondly, as far as I remember, the seminars are open to register until there are places available, as all seminars are free to register, what happens if somebody has preregistered successfully, has his/her mark book signed, yet cannot register on the ETR as there are no more places left?....(does he/she register via ETR again in case the TO managed to erase those registered "illegaly"???)

:shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:40 pm 

Maybe some of you find these lines useful...

Tárgyfelvétel angol és amerikaniszt.....
Tárgyfelvétel angol és amerikanisztika szakos tanegységek esetén!

Angol nyelv és irodalom, amerikanisztika szakos tanegységek
az Angol-Amerikai Intézet honlapján (SEAS catalogue) találhatók:

http://seas3.elte.hu/catalogue.html

eddig : az Angol - Amerikai Intézet útmutatása alapján

További teendők:

A jelentkezés csak akkor válik hivatalossá, ha az indexbe felvett tárgyakat (a gyakorlatokat és az előadásokat is) a hallgatók berögzítik az ETR-be.
A rögzítésre 2005. február 16-tól 25-ig, indexleadás előtt lesz lehetőség.
Nyomatékosan felhívjuk a figyelmet arra, hogy szemináriumok esetében kizárólag az a hallgató rögzítheti az adott tárgyat, akinek az oktató aláírta az indexét, azaz aki ténylegesen bekerült egy-egy órára. A T.O. összeveti az indexeket az ETR-es jelentkezésekkel és a jogosulatlan tárgyfelvételeket törli!
Kérjük, ne okozzanak problémát se a tanszékeknek, se a T.O-nak, se hallgatótársaiknak azzal, hogy olyan órákat rögzítenek, amelyekre nem jutottak be.

TAMKAAB.ELTE - 2005. február 4.

Tárgyfelvételről mégegyszer
Tudnivalók a tárgyfelvételről a 2004/2005-ös tanév tavaszi félévében
A tanszékek által meghirdetett tárgyak 2005. február 5-től olvashatók az ETR-ben.
A kurzusokra jelentkezni és a jelentkezéseket adminisztrálni a következők szerint kell:
1. Az előadások kódjait egyszerűen be kell írni az indexbe, ellenjegyeztetni nem kell, kivéve, ha látogatáskötelesek.
2. A szemináriumokra jelentkezni a megszokott módon, a meghirdetett helyen és időpontban, az oktatónál, kizárólag személyesen (megbízott útján) lehet!
A jelentkezés akkor tekinthető érvényesnek, ha az oktató aláírja az indexet.
A jelentkezés határidejét az illetékes tanszék határozza meg.
3. A jelentkezés csak akkor válik hivatalossá, ha az indexbe felvett tárgyakat (a gyakorlatokat és az előadásokat is) a hallgatók berögzítik az ETR-be.
A rögzítésre 2005. február 16-tól 25-ig, indexleadás előtt lesz lehetőség.
Nyomatékosan felhívjuk a figyelmet arra, hogy szemináriumok esetében kizárólag az a hallgató rögzítheti az adott tárgyat, akinek az oktató aláírta az indexét, azaz aki ténylegesen bekerült egy-egy órára. A T.O. összeveti az indexeket az ETR-es jelentkezésekkel és a jogosulatlan tárgyfelvételeket törli!
Kérjük, ne okozzanak problémát se a tanszékeknek, se a T.O-nak, se hallgatótársaiknak azzal, hogy olyan órákat rögzítenek, amelyekre nem jutottak be.
A sikeres félévkezdés érdekében kérjük a határidők pontos betartását.

Dr. Déri Balázs, az oktatási ügyek dékánhelyettese
Taskó Mihályné, a T.O. vezetője

TAMKAAB.ELTE - 2005. február 4. :wink: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:05 pm 

:D OH, I FOUND THE ANSWER IN ANOTHER TOPIC :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:03 pm 

:shock:
I am a bit confused: I got the message from seas3 that my prereg was successful, then I tried to log into ETR at least to find out how I can really get in the course I want, and there was nothing that could help

Qs:
WHEN EXACTLY DO I HAVE TO DO WHAT?????? :o :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:37 pm 

Well, I tried to figure out a newer version, but I couldn't make up anything better, than (! :lol: ) strict rules. Anyway, I beleive that the prereg proc. is - most probably - going to be built into the ETR (at least that is what I draw from one of your posts). I am interested in how this will work... :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm 

szigetva wrote:
Probably registration for SEAS courses will be open in the ETR way before the first week of term. Thus anybody can register (even by accident). I believe that registration in the ETR has legal consequences, which the registering student can base claims on. Perhaps we can here work out a scheme to avoid such situations.

Also students from other majors, faculties or universities will also be able to register through the ETR. I wonder how that system puts them after SEAS students (which is what happens now that such students can't preregister).

Now I see the problem... This is like upgrading a computer. You cannot wait to enjoy the improvement, but the way is shaky... :? :) I somehow felt that the situ is not that easy.
As far as I know, rules can be applied for the registration procedure, so the rules might say that the registration will only be valid after finalization. Before it is there just for the sake of information... :lol:
I know that this is clumsy, but I'll try to work out an improved version. :idea: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next