ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:31 pm 

sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:59 pm 

Read first, write only if necessary ( http://seas3.elte.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2632 ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:49 pm 

So I have to register for the next semester, too? Or can I take these without registering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:40 am 

Nothing, it's normal: you have not submitted your thesis. (Your information that you have to take these codes without submitting your thesis and taking the final exam was wrong.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:36 am 

I registered my last couses in my Index this semester, including the tutorial seminar, the thesis and the final exam. I'm only submitting my thesis next term, but so far the rule was (at least as far as I knew) that you have to register these courses in your final semester but hand in your thesis and do the final exam later if you wanted.
Now, I've just got an ETR message that my registration for the thesis and final exam have been deleted... Have I missed sg? What am I supposed to do? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:56 pm 

Thank you very much! I'm just too anxious about it all :oops: Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:19 pm 

joa_nah wrote:
But why is it so?
Because older students have less chance to finish.
joa_nah wrote:
I can't see why these seminars are compulsory for us when we can't be sure whether we could get in.
You can be sure that you will get in.
For some nonSEAS courses you may check this: http://seas3.elte.hu/tmp/alt.doc (it's unofficial, and I got it in April).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:46 pm 

But why is it so? I can't see why these seminars are compulsory for us when we can't be sure whether we could get in.
I would have been happy with a timetable set for me without the possibility of looking for a teacher said to be cool and good. I don't any longer care (got no hope :(). :evil:
Actually, I can't find some other lesson we should attend so I can't even make my timetable anyway. Noone knows about them and cannot find any information about them. What should we do?

And also we've seen some lessons in ETR and were not sure about them. I think SEAS is reliable, that's why I refuse to beleive in what is written anywhere else. So two lessons almost at the same time - in different campuses. Now that is funny. If it's a coincidence, somebody should do something about that, but if it isn't so, I should have decided not to register for this semester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:26 pm 

The same situation always prevailed: second-year students always had a priority over first-year students.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:54 pm 

Do you mean that, for example, the ANN-142 course is only offered to old students? Isn't it the same group for the newcomers with a different code (ANG-xxx)? If it is, then we have a clear priority (against which I would say a word if I was a newcomer). If it isn't, how will the university deal with the situation, if there are only a few people in each group?
Thanks,

Cs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:55 pm 

(1) BA courses and old students' courses are practically in complementary distribution. (2) Old students always had priority anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:34 pm 

Does that mean that old students have priority to certain courses as only they can preregister? Or how is the prereg in SEAS and prereg in ETR mixed?

Cs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:37 pm 

Nice. Why do I have the feeling that things are somewhat out of control? (Really its just a feeling, nothing to do with facts... :wink:)
Anyway, I think it is a good solution to separate between new and old students. The new sys will not mess up with all the students at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:29 pm 

The final solution: only newcomers (i.e., BA students are going to preregister in the ETR now). Everybody else will have to do so in spring 2007. You (old students) will probably be able to preregister for courses in the ETR, but don't do so, because (i) you mess up the system, (ii) your preregistration will be deleted. Old students use seas3 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:03 pm 

I just wanted to know if students' know anything about this. I hope it's some misunderstanding only. Don't worry yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next