ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:07 pm 

Well, I also think that beating around the bush is not the best solution. I think I will try to go and discuss it with Bukta Gáborné. Actually, she was very sympathetic today (my impotent anger and despair must have been very obvious) so I think she will be likely to be helpful tomorrow as well. I don't think it will be difficult to stay nice and calm if I have to turn to her. If she cannot help, I will have done everything I possibly could and we'll work out what to do next... If nothing is to be done, I can still hope that I will not fail the 299 this time (no high hopes :lol: )...

Or... I can try to get into some seminars. Grrrrrr ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you very much - again! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:55 pm 

Korinnka wrote:
So I don't think I can avoid another load of questions and I fear this will not take me any further :?
If your contact person in the TO can show you how to register your AMN courses in the ETR, then the problem is solved. If they can't, then there's no place for objection. (But be nice and calm all the while. :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:44 pm 

Oh, and another thing... If I legally took these courses but I still do not get credits for them (because they were not registered in the ETR), I suppose there should be a way to appeal, so that I can get my credits. If only I knew for sure, that I will get my credits somehow (should this happen), I would be more than glad to take my markbook tomorrow, hand it in, no matter what happens and wait for the outcome...

Quote:
If the ETR does not accept your registration, it is a technical problem of that system, and does not affect the fact that you legally took those courses this term. (You can count on me -- seriously -- if the Registrar should doubt this.)

I have no doubt that you are right. I am just confused, frustrated and totally despaired by now and don't know what to do :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:33 pm 

Well, yes, I know that I can legally take them up as közismereti courses and I HAVE taken them up legally (entered them in the markbook, had them signed by the teachers - who had no objections - and according to the ETR, even registered them successfully). Yet if I do not get credits for them, my entire term may be "lost"... Thanks to ETR, which is again not my fault!

I am not very keen on wasting time (anyone's) if I don't necessarily have to, but I am not the least sure if my term will be "valid" and this is a major concern :( :( :(

Oh, and another thing bothering me: you suggested leaving a note in my markbook stating that I could not register these courses in the ETR. The only problem is, that apparently I have to take my markbook to the "tanulmányi előadó" so that she can compare it with whatever the ETR shows her about my status. So I don't think I can avoid another load of questions and I fear this will not take me any further :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:13 pm 

Your AMN courses will count as "general studies"/nem-szakos/ko"zismereti courses. If the ETR does not accept your registration, it is a technical problem of that system, and does not affect the fact that you legally took those courses this term. (You can count on me -- seriously -- if the Registrar should doubt this.)

I think there's no need to see Dr Deri about this because this is not in his competence. It were if you were a student of another faculty or university. So you would just be wasting your (and his) time. But I don't want to stop you from doing this, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:01 pm 

Well, I also wish it were not :?
However, if I can not take these courses, I risk not having enough credits for the term (given that I could only take up ANN-299 and ANN-208, possibly another seminar, altogether 7 or utmost 9 credits; if I fail the 299 again, I will not have 6 credits, so my whole term will be done in vain!). So I should know in time, whether I should try to get in to other seminars or just put this note in the markbook and hope that these courses will be accepted afterall...

I might still be in time to get in to some seminars, but I should know soon, because by Friday we have to hand in the markbooks.

By the way yes, I tried to find the AMN codes under "általános", where I managed to take the AM code courses :(

Btw is there a reason why I definitely should NOT see Dr. Déri? Do you think I might get into an even graver situation (if it is possible)? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:49 pm 

I don't think it's so complicated, and I definitely advise you not to see Dr. Deri about this. Simply enter the AMN codes in your markbook, and if you can't register them in the ETR, put the little note too, saying you could not register these courses in the ETR. (Did you try under the "altalanos" menu?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:28 pm 

Well, I just heard from someone who is a student of BME, that this case counts as "áthallgatás", i.e. attending the courses of another major, and I will get the credits at the end of the term... I wonder whether this is possible.
The guy told me that I have to talk to the "oktatási dékánhelyettes", Dr. Déri Balázs about this.

I hope he'll know the answer :?

Post subject: AM vs. AMN
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:08 pm 

I am SOOOOOO fed up! I had the silly wish to take up some American Studies courses (both seminar and lecture) this term, because
a, I am interested in them
b, due to the lack of my 299 I cannot really get into 300 courses (those I could theoratically get into, I can not get into physically, because I was #40ish on the waiting list)
c, I thought I could do this (namely I thought I had the right to choose which courses I want to take as long as I can legally do this)
Well, so far so good, I went to the classes, got my markbook signed, OK. Got the courses registered in the ETR by AM courses (they were there in ETR!) and apparently the registration was successful. BUT! Today I went to the TO to hand in my markbook. We had to compare my ETR registration with the markbook. It turned out, that the courses are not properly registered, they are worth 0 credit... The "tanulmányi előadó" has advised me to take these courses by AMN codes, but they are not there in the ETR by AMN codes...
What can I do??? Am I going to lose 15 credits??? :evil: