ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 am 

It was already there today. Thank you anyway :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:45 pm 

http://seas3.elte.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:21 pm 

I wish to register for Géher István's lecture ANN-311.35 (Shakespeare's Workshop) but it is not in the ETR list... could it possibly be cancelled? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:34 pm 

Well, thx for the suggestion, but my associates weren't too keen about taking the class anyway so the TO just added to their uncertainity... Still, I think it is terrible that out of sheer lazyness official persons can simply deny you things that might be very important for you. And we are talking about such officials that are entitled to handle exactly the kind of problems... :evil: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:07 pm 

The TO at TTK doesn't have the right to do this. I don't know the specific regulations of that Faculty, however, so I'd suggest you contact the Student Council there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:38 am 

R_Gabor wrote:
I remember reading a regulation that students can take any course offered by the university except for language classes of other language majors.

Would be nice... Though it works quite differently. Last year I wanted to persuade some of my associates @ my physics major to take a rhetorics class @ BTK, but the TO there simply denied the acceptance of any courses out of TTK. :cry: I really like the bureaocracy of the uni. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:35 pm 

szigetva wrote:
All BTK courses are open for registration from 13 February. You should get in the courses personally before that date.

Okay, I get it now: this is the reason we still get to have our little black books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:18 pm 

I remember reading a regulation that students can take any course offered by the university except for language classes of other language majors.
I would've liked to quote this here but I can't find it. I only found this:

Quote:
ETVSz 40. §
(1) A hallgató jogosult az Egyetem bármely oktatási szervezeti egysége által meghirdetett kurzusra, vizsgakurzusra jelentkezni (kurzusfelvétel).

No mention of language courses being an exception, though I'm sure that rule must be out there somewhere, otherwise tens of thousands of students at ELTE would be entitled to free courses in all kinds of languages, which, I think, would be ridiculous.

Whether AKN students can be allowed to take ANN language practice courses is a different question and I plan to explore the possibilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:42 pm 

All BTK courses are open for registration from 13 February. You should get in the courses personally before that date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:16 pm 

When I looked into other departments' lists of subjects, there was no option to pick any of them. That is why I thought I could not.
It should not matter how many credits I must collect. If I would like to take classes from different departments and gather 150 credits, I feel I should be allowed to do so, as long as I manage my department's 50 mandatory credits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:09 pm 

It is, but supplementary majors have to collect 60 credits, of which 50 is provided by their own major. ``Normal´´ students have more freedom of choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:06 pm 

szigetva wrote:
I would think of approaching the Institute Council through the student representatives. The issue might lose its significance in the long run though, since the AKN programme will yield to the MA tracks in the near future.

Nevertheless, a History major should be able to take Anthropology classes, or Psychology classes, if they wish to and it seems this is not currently possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:49 pm 

I would think of approaching the Institute Council through the student representatives. The issue might lose its significance in the long run though, since the AKN programme will yield to the MA tracks in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:44 pm 

Thank you for the information. One more thing, you write

AKN students cannot take ANN codes officially, since they are not included in their curriculum.[/quote]

Where would be the proper place to file a complaint against this? I do not see anything wrong in wanting to take a bigger workload than absolutely necessary, but I also would not mind having it recognised somewhere. I thought inter-disciplinary universities were the thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:40 pm 

Courses can be registered in the ETR from 13 February, after your markbook was signed by the teacher of the course.

AKN students cannot take ANN codes officially, since they are not included in their curriculum.