ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:41 pm 

Take everything you can. Then put a note in your markbook with the courses you could not take (say that these are the courses you could not take). Then give your markbook to the Registrar, they say they will take those courses for you.

The last thing I was told at BTK TO on Tuesday, was that English students should not take English courses under the general heading (and American students American courses, of course). Some students claim that TTK TO and since then BTK TO say you should.

With this I intend to finish my part in this lousy business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:55 am 

dear mr. szigetvari, can you tell me (us), what are today's results of the etr v. students match? i mean when will i able to take up 2 lectures that start with the same code? (AKN-375.) Or the answer is still that we just SHALL NOT take these "duplicates" under the "GENERAL" heading? thank you for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:25 am 

ndf wrote:
Anyway why would it worth for them to cause more trouble when the system is (Thanks God! :mrgreen: ) working, more or less properly?

I'd rather say less:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:58 pm 

andris wrote:
szigetva wrote:
So what seemed to be a solution yesterday, turns out to be a nonsolution.

Exactly.
Those with Erzsi néni as a stepmother (TTK students) have to take courses under the általános heading and later arrange things at TO.

Well, my stepmother at TTK is Őrsi Ágota, but I could take up my courses in ETR (today :wink: ) without any problems, so I did it (in the English major section)... Moreover, I was the one to inform her about ETR problems of the BTK. Anyway why would it worth for them to cause more trouble when the system is (Thanks God! :mrgreen: ) working, more or less properly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:36 pm 

szigetva wrote:
Let me repeat once again: I was told yesterday at the BTK TO that you should NOT take English courses as general ones.

The point is: that was yesterday. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:31 pm 

Let me repeat once again: I was told yesterday at the BTK TO that you should NOT take English courses as general ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:13 pm 

szigetva wrote:
So what seemed to be a solution yesterday, turns out to be a nonsolution.

Exactly.
Those with Erzsi néni as a stepmother (TTK students) have to take courses under the általános heading and later arrange things at TO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:01 pm 

clarika wrote:
She is very nice. Especially with teachers. Mostly with you.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:00 pm 

So what seemed to be a solution yesterday, turns out to be a nonsolution. Naturally, you have to have your tutorial seminar signed, it is a seminar.

Post subject: Re: some solutions in ETR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:20 pm 

szigetva wrote:
We also found out that ANN-3 and AMN-3 were represented in such a way that they could be taken one only. There seems to be a solution to this too, but if it is really effective will only turn out tomorrow, when the changes made take effect.

I'm an AKN student, and the problem above still exists, the only change is the change in the reply message which says:
"a kurzus felvétele nélkül is elegendo kredited lehet annak tantervi megfeleloje teljesítéséhez"

Post subject: AKN issues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:37 am 

What about the AKN curricula? Is there a solution for us too? I still cannot register for any AKN course under my major.
Also, does the thesis advisor have to sign the tutorial seminar in the markbook or is it enough to enter the subject and then have it signed at the end of the semester?

Post subject: Re: some solutions in ETR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:37 am 

szigetva wrote:
Motto: Solving problems is fun. No problem, no fun. ETR is great fun.

You're kidding!
Aren't you???

szigetva wrote:
Bukta Gaborne, believe me she's a very helpful person, but is under enormous strain, be very nice to her

She is very nice. Especially with teachers. Mostly with you. I remember her talking of you a few years ago (I mean purely good stuff!!!)... But that doesn't mean that she's nice to studenst, e.g. in the middle of the semester when there is no line and I could think that she has 5 minutes for me. Well, she hasn't...

This doesn't mean that she's not nice! She is, when she's in the mood, or I don't know when. But sometimes she does not like students hanging around which is quite weird for a tanulmányi előadó.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:35 am 

julcsigardos wrote:
Most aszongya, amikor több 312-es órát próbálok felvenni az angolszakon belül (nem általános képzésben), hogy "a kurzus felvétele nélkül is elegendo kredited lehet annak tantervi megfeleloje teljesítéséhez", ami szép és jó, de vhogy mégis fel kéne venni...

ld. első bejegyzés ezen a topicon:

szigetva wrote:
We also found out that ANN-3 and AMN-3 were represented in such a way that they could be taken one only. There seems to be a solution to this too, but if it is really effective will only turn out tomorrow, when the changes made take effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:46 am 

Most aszongya, amikor több 312-es órát próbálok felvenni az angolszakon belül (nem általános képzésben), hogy "a kurzus felvétele nélkül is elegendo kredited lehet annak tantervi megfeleloje teljesítéséhez", ami szép és jó, de vhogy mégis fel kéne venni...

Post subject: unregistering courses U have taken
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:08 am 

MNagy wrote:

>> What if I have already taken up the courses under the general heading?

You can unregister courses by clicking "Új tantárgy felvétele", and you'll see that the classes you registered have the tick on the left. Simply "untick" the ones you'd like to remove, and click "Felvétel" (or whatever it's called, I can't remember) at the bottom, and that's all.

You should unregister because as long as you have a course registered under the generel heading, it won't even appear among the courses under the English-major classes, so you couldn't take it even if that was already possible.