ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: AT-310 and AT-235 problems
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:48 pm 

Many of us (3rd year non-credit system CETT students) - if not all of us - cannot take AT-310 (Methodology Elective) (either a or b) under our major (angol nyelvtanári (BTK)), only under the general category (Általános (ELTE)).

The system's response to our attempts is that we have already done the same lesson in the previous semester. But in fact that was our Teaching Practice seminar (AT-312). - the names are similar, the code is different.
The error message is as follows: a kurzus tantervi megfeleloje nem ismételheto (2004-2005-1 AT-312/f), ezért csak általános képzéshez veheted fel

The etr system suggested that we take AT-310 under the "Általános" section. As a matter of fact, we CAN take it there but I'm afraid that if we take it there, it'll cause some troubles in the future as this is an obligatory course, which is part of our basic training in our major.

Also, AN-235 (American literature 2) is ONLY available to us under the general (Általános) list. Despite the fact that it is ALSO obligatory for us to take as part of the training in our major.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:41 pm 

PLEASE READ THE RED TEXT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS TOPIC BEFORE POSTING HERE!!!

Post subject: Missing course code
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:37 pm 

The ETR is missing the programme course code for Medieval Literature with Dr. Katalin Halacsy. The missing code is ZAN-KA01.01. I've had to register for it as a 311 course so that my name is on a list.
I'm also having problems with the 322/312 courses: need to sign up to one of each but can't as I've signed up to others- go figure. Also can't take up a lecture because I don't have its pre-requisite.
Good luck to everyone- hope they do better than what I am till now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:39 am 

I couldn't take the AFN-107 TOLC -exam since it has not appeared on etr. (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:17 am 

I cannot take AN-362 and AN-364 courses as they do not appear on the list in ETR.

Post subject: problem ETR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:22 am 

Problems with ETR:
  1. I cannot take courses which have them as a strong prerequisite (probably because many of last terms marks are not yet entered)
  2. I cannot take a course AND its weak prerequisite (probably a bug in ETR, maybe try take the weak prerequisite first)
  3. I cannot take two ANN-312 (or whatever) courses simultaneously (surely a bug in ETR, must be fixed)
  4. I don't appear as an English major in ETR (no idea, according to TTK TO: "don't take English courses as general courses"

Please use this topic only to enter further problems, not to illustrate those already here. I will delete all other posts from this topic. I want to have a comprehensive list to forward to the people in charge.

Last edited by szigetva on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.