ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: re: Szigetva about AM-problem
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:11 pm 

Dear Mr Szigetvari

Thanks for your reply - and let me correct myself regarding the boastful statement "I've checked all possible forums to find a solution" - actually, I checked only the forums related to ETR.
However, I don't really know how to contact "a top ETR guru", so I just hope that someone of this kind will visit the ETR forum I've written into.

Thanks again,
Szabó Tünde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:52 am 

cf. ETR, BTK forum #4749 (and its thread)

Post subject: AM-3xx for AN students
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:30 am 

I've just written about my problem in an ETR forum, but I thought it would be worth putting it here as well :arrow:

Végignéztem minden lehetséges fórumot, de eddig nem találtam megoldást a következő helyzetre:
Angol szakos vagyok, ötödéves, tehát nem kredites. A TEL szerint nekünk, angol szakosoknak is meg kell csinálnunk egy amerikanisztika szakos spec. szemináriumot/előadást (AM-3xx). Én az AM-360.84 kódú tantárgyat választottam (Amerikai és magyar kapcsolatok 1945 óta). Mivel azonban ez eredetileg amerikanisztikás kurzus, amerikanisztika szakos erős előfeltétel vonatkozik rá (AM-260 - Az Egyesült Államok története 1 szeminárium). Kérdésemre a tanár (Magyarics Tamás) elmondta, hogy nyugodtan vegyem fel én is, mivel angol szakosoknak is meg van hirdetve a tantárgy, és ránk egy másik, angol szakos előfeltétel vonatkozik (értelemszerűen): az AN-233 kódú (Az Egyesült Államok története). Fel is vettem az indexembe, alá is írattam, az ETR-ben azonban - az előfeltétel hiánya miatt - nem tudtam felvenni.
Mi ilyenkor a teendő? Talán felesleges hozzátennem, de ötödévesként igen fontos lenne a dolog.

Minden ötletet/megoldást előre köszönök!

Szabó Tünde
(SZTMBGB.ELTE, tundezsuzsa@freemail.hu)

All ideas are welcome!

Thanks,

Tündi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:22 am 

dzsuzsi wrote:
SEAS website says that we have to have 24 credits (if we are ANN students) from one major, English, Irish Studies, etc. What if that major does not have enough credits, for example the Irish Studies major, since it has only 15 credits...Does that mean that we still get the "paper"?

This is an off-topic question. :evil: Irish studies is not a major, it is a programme. The university does not guarantee that students can finish its programmes, this guarantee only exists for majors. In what sense does the Irish programme have only 15 credits?

dzsuzsi wrote:
Also, ETR says that we only have enough credits already, and we do not need more, but this is not true. So, we shouldn't believe ETR, right? Ok, this is kind of complicated, but I hope it will be sorted out soon... :(
This ETR bug could not yet be fixed by the TO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:19 am 

I just have a question concerning the 300 courses. SEAS website says that we have to have 24 credits (if we are ANN students) from one major, English, Irish Studies, etc. What if that major does not have enough credits, for example the Irish Studies major, since it has only 15 credits...Does that mean that we still get the "paper"? Also, ETR says that we only have enough credits already, and we do not need more, but this is not true. So, we shouldn't believe ETR, right? Ok, this is kind of complicated, but I hope it will be sorted out soon...
:(

Post subject: Re: problems with registering for ANN-300 courses
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:49 am 

dzsuzsi wrote:
a kurzus felvétele nélkül is elegendo kredited lehet annak tantervi megfeleloje teljesítéséhez

This comes up when I try to take more than one 312.xxx or other 300.xxx course...Does this mean that I have to wait for a solution, and if nothing comes, then ignore ETR and just hand-in my index book? What does this mean, and what should I do? This is leading nowhere... :( :?

There's a message from TO on the ETR site that you can hand in your index without entering your classes to ETR. But Szigetva said something else after consulting our tanulmányi előadó, so you should turn to him.

Post subject: problems with registering for ANN-300 courses
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:54 am 

a kurzus felvétele nélkül is elegendo kredited lehet annak tantervi megfeleloje teljesítéséhez

This comes up when I try to take more than one 312.xxx or other 300.xxx course...Does this mean that I have to wait for a solution, and if nothing comes, then ignore ETR and just hand-in my index book? What does this mean, and what should I do? This is leading nowhere... :( :?

Post subject: HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:52 pm 

I'm glad to be the first to let you know that I could register for my lectures as English major lectures (so not in the ALTALANOS part). For those which have weak prerequisites, so I am very, very satisfied. :lol:

Hopefully you'll also encounter this phenomenon.

Have a nice day!

Izolda

--------------------
A day without smilin' is a lost day.

Post subject: etr
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:52 am 

I turn to you with a quite complex problem of mine. I transferred to E.L.T.E a year ago. Before that I studied at Pécs Jannus Pannonius University. The term of this transfer was the Spring term of 2004. In that term I signed up for courses, ANN- 106 Language Practice II and Ann- 108 Academic skills II. My application was denied due to not having the prerequirements for these subjects. The prerequirements I had ,however I was misinformed about the process of getting my grades accepted. This process could only take place in the spring term. Although I was denied these classes I participated in them and gained respectable grades . In the same year I have successfully passed the 199 exam. Now in the Spring term of 2005 I am taking 206 courses. My transferred grades from Pécs will only be entered into the system this term this way I am still unable to take up the already completed however officially unrecognised courses of 106 and 108. The main problem that now with the new restrictions on taking up language practice classes I would be unable to take up 106 and 108 together since the restriction forbids it. The nature of this problem is purely administrative. If I would not be able to take up the previously mentioned classes together with my 206 language practice seminar I would lose an extra important year from my studies which I am not intending to do. ( I have completed all my language practice classes up to 204 )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:13 pm 

I am not allowed to take ANN-106 (Language Practice 2). ETR says that I have not completed ANN-102 (Language Practice 1). Actually, I have! What should I do now?

Post subject: Reply to Lara C
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:21 pm 

AM 392 and AM 393 are listed undre "altalanos" - and there you can register for the courses.
I guess, Advanced American Grammar could not be included into any of the four narrower disciplines/topics of History, Culture, Literature, and Linguistics. It could not appear under TK, as it is not mandatory for non-AM Teachers' Training, and it is definitely no part of the core studies.

Even if this logic is true, however, the system seems to be utterly inflexible to the various needs of students.
The logic, of course, can also be false - in which case the verdict upon ETR is even worse. (We are trying to be civilized here and avoid using certain words.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:11 pm 

I have an inkling that ETR allows us to register only for those courses under our proper studies (Amerikanisztika, Angol, nyelvtanari etc) that are a, listed in the core courses B, not above the mandatory number of elective courses. Is this assumption correct?

If so, then 4th and 5th year students can run into the problem of being able to take some of their AM/AN courses only as part of the "altalanos kepzes."

Bowever, I am not at all sure that system is this smart.[/b]

Post subject: syntax
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:05 pm 

I cannot take Syntax 1. lecture because ETR says I need its seminar as prerequisitive for it. OK, I do the seminar this semester anyway but I should not since as far as I know Syntax 1. lecure has no prerequisitive. My conclusion: the "tanterv" in ETR is settled wrong. It may also be mentioned to TO as a new problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:10 pm 

To whom it may concern,

2 problems I encountered:
a: similar to chilly's (a kurzus tantervi megfeleloje nem ismételheto (2004-2005-2), ezért csak általános képzéshez veheted fel) except that in my case neither the course code nor the course name is the same as the new courses' (AM-300s and AM-340s) I'm trying to sign up for :(
b: Further unlisted courses: AM-392, AM-393

Thanks,
Lara C

Post subject: CAnnot take lectures
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:59 pm 

Good evening,

My problem is, that ETR does not allow me to take the lectures of the seminars (American Literature 2 and English Novel) I would like to attend. What shall I do now ?

Thank You