I got errors once or twice, but otherwise okay 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
I regularly get errors and timeouts 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
I only get errors 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I don't even understand how it works 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:34 pm 

Anja wrote:
After several tries it worked out, and I managed to enter, the ETR system even accepted my 300 courses, though I haven't got the 299 yet (Thanks to God and the bugs of the system!! :D) but it is unwilling to accept my preregistration to the AN-321.35 (British painting by Kunos) and says
Quote:
a kurzus tantervi megfeleloje nem ismételheto (2004-2005-2 AN-352.40), ezért csak általános képzéshez veheted fel

352.40 is a Linguistics course by Nadasdy, at a completely different time, now how can these two cross???

I think, the problem is that ETR doesn't understand the notion of having more than one courses of one main code. It considers all 300 courses as equal and doesn't see that we have to have 24 credits of these courses. Probably this is one of the things why Mr Szigetva is going to the TO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:24 pm 

After several tries it worked out, and I managed to enter, the ETR system even accepted my 300 courses, though I haven't got the 299 yet (Thanks to God and the bugs of the system!! :D) but it is unwilling to accept my preregistration to the AN-321.35 (British painting by Kunos) and says
Quote:
a kurzus tantervi megfeleloje nem ismételheto (2004-2005-2 AN-352.40), ezért csak általános képzéshez veheted fel

352.40 is a Linguistics course by Nadasdy, at a completely different time, now how can these two cross???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:44 pm 

Anja wrote:
clarika wrote:
Anja wrote:
I've had problems with my password, it simply didnt accept the birth date/post index numbers combination, so I went to the Questura office, [...]

That was my problem as well, but by getting a new one, everything was ok. Try to write your eha code with capital letters, there are some computers that prefer that. Also, check, if caplock's off!

I did, I even copy-pasted the EHA code from the info.elte.etr.hu where you can check it up by writing your name...
I don't think the problem is with me this time!

Maybe you should go in and ask them to log in with your eha code! There they are able to find out the problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:22 pm 

clarika wrote:
Anja wrote:
I've had problems with my password, it simply didnt accept the birth date/post index numbers combination, so I went to the Questura office, [...]

That was my problem as well, but by getting a new one, everything was ok. Try to write your eha code with capital letters, there are some computers that prefer that. Also, check, if caplock's off!

I did, I even copy-pasted the EHA code from the info.elte.etr.hu where you can check it up by writing your name...
I don't think the problem is with me this time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:13 pm 

Anja wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:14 pm 

I've had problems with my password, it simply didnt accept the birth date/post index numbers combination, so I went to the Questura office, and they generated a new password for me- nice and easy, but it doesnt work either (I've already had one like this prev semester, it worked then, unfortunately I couldn't find it now)...
so I can't even enter the system... tried 4x, nothing works!

that's half the problem, because on Monday I can still go to Questura for help, the other question is- if I only miss 299 exam from the 200 courses, then the bunch of 300 courses I have taken this semester to do at least something at this university are going to be unavailable for me at the etr??? because previously it was possible to legally take them if u manage to successfully do the prerequisite in the same semester.

the other thing- COURSE CATALOGUE- of course, using the seas3.elte.hu, I can figure out all the course numbers from the English course, but I also plan to take some "Közismereti tanegységek" this semester (ESPECIALLY if I don't manage to take the 300 courses, there must be at least something I could do), but there is absolutely no way to find out what kinds there are, except running around the whole museum körut building, checking every door and pinwall....

WHAT A MESS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:06 pm 

Adam Dobay wrote:
But let's stay with ETR here and talk about this in another hread.
Fill this place: http://seas3.elte.hu/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:37 pm 

born_slippy: After entering Általános, you can search for the courses of your major by entering the three digit code followed by - in the "Kurzuskód" field (don't ask me how I figured that out). So if you have eg. Film Studies you enter FEN- , if it was English it would be ANN- .
Addition: ETR did not accept 52 people for a class with 25 places. That will be put to a randomisation at a given time, something like what happens after preregistering here. Also there are "scores" for every person which calculates in a much more complicated manner than SEAS does.

Norbi: A friend at the university of Szombathely has told me that their HÖK is so powerful and organized that a HÖK representative has power to interrupt any class at any time for almost any reason, should there be any problem with something. That is maybe too harsh to democracy but it shows that what we have is not the only option. But let's stay with ETR here and talk about this in another thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:30 pm 

It's a generally known fact that student representation at ELTE is weak.
:?

I've been around for 4 years, but nobody has ever asked for my opinion. I've always had to 'be on the alert' if I wanted to keep up with the system/changes. I've even taken 'real steps', but the reaction and result were the same as in your case Adam: rejection and indifference. As I've mentioned, I don't like cherishing hopes, if they're about the university's administratorship.

The problems are out of our reach, I guess. The whole administrative system should be reformed. :!:

Last edited by Norbi on Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:27 pm 

:lol: Ok, by the end of the day i became mad. Can anybody tell me why are my 'szakos' courses at the 'általános' on ETR????

According to the topic, do we have rights at this university? If we do, why don't we stand up, and put the foot down? What is HÖK doing? By the way, have you checked py courses? That's _interesting_ The good ETR system accepted a lot more students: 25 places, 52 registered students :shock: How come? :lol: We get one point if we have 2 majors. ETR accepted everybody who had at least 1 point. It led to a disaster... Solution: 'versenyjelentkezés'. That will be great. The system will froze.

We should really stop being victims of ELTE BTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:55 pm 

[off-topic ranting]The problem with BTK students and ELTE students in general is that they either never think they can do anything, or they are too lazy to do anything. Last year when many complainments arised about the change in the "elhagyás" system and the change in counting our scholarships, no one cared to do anything, they just kept complaining to their peers. If we ever want to do anything about anything, we have to stop with the complaining and start taking real steps.[/off topic ranting]

Back on topic, there are people managing the ETR and on ETR's forum there is a place for suggestions and another for complaints. The only problem is that there is no such thing as a subtopic, so each topic has about 400-1000 posts. I have posted a suggestion that there should be subtopics, but the reply was that there is no need for such a thing.

Anyway, I also suggested that we have a course catalogue we can actually browse like the old paperback ones, but I got the reply that all courses I need to know about is in ETR.

Are these people getting paid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:26 pm 

Teachers are employees at the university, students are not. Believe me this is an important difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:19 pm 

I have some doubts about our 'power', :? but I'll speak to someone at the HÖK office about it. I won't cherish hopes... They couldn't care less about us... Even if we 'rebelled against' ETR hundreds of students would be needed. (One swallow does not make a summer.) :)

U know, if they'd cared about our feelings/suggestions/opinion regarding the introduction of ETR, they'd have asked us in some way (e.g. short questionnaire, open discussion or whatever). If they'd asked for our suggestions or they'd run a trial version of the ETR before officially starting it, most of the hiccups could have been nipped in the bud... If I'm not mistaken even experts/teachers (like U szigetva) haven't been asked about this matter... Am I right? Then why would we have a say in this? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:56 pm 

Norbi wrote:
I totally agree with U guys. This whole ETR business SUCKS. :evil:
Students are powerful. You have student representatives. You can raise media attention... I'm serious.

Norbi wrote:
The worst of all is that seas3's pre-reg function is gonna be taken over by the ETR from 09.2005. What's gonna happen then??? Nightmare. :shock:
That's not decided. It depends on us too. I would be better if all transactions took place in ETR, but we won't give in if it's not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:56 pm 

I totally agree with U guys. This whole ETR business SUCKS. :evil:

The system breaks down quite frequently, and it's slow even with broadband connection. :( A lot depends on the reliability of a system like the ETR, so I think, it should work properly... I would go even further than that ... It should work PERFECTLY.

The 'flow of information' ... the what ? of what ? ... If one doesn't spend hours on searching through the forums and noticeboards for info then they're are lost. What about the ones who do NOT have broadband or any kind of internet access?

Adam U made a good point. Why on Earth haven't they put the usual course catalogue on the Net? E.g. I don't know the codes of the 'közismereti' courses, so I have to browse the ETR's catalogue for hours to find the ones I could easily find in the good old paperback.

The worst of all is that seas3's pre-reg function is gonna be taken over by the ETR from 09.2005. What's gonna happen then??? Nightmare. :shock: