ELTE SEAS

Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:48 am 

I had to make my choice since then, and decided for Radnóti. At least I will have a reason to go back to ADS sometimes... Any teacher recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 am 

I received two e-mails yesterday from TaToK, one saying that I can do my teaching practice @ Apáczai, the other saying that I can do it @ Radnóti. This is not a big suprise for me, beacuse I was expecting problems due to the unusual pair of my majors (the other is physics), and I have already written an e-mail to Enikő Kolláth and asked her to remedy the situation (if this does not work out, than I will go to TaToK tomorrow). (In order to avoid any misunderstandigs: I did state in my application, that I would like to go to a single school.)
Anyway, if it comes to choosing between the two institutes, which will certainly happen at a point, which would you recommend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:27 pm 

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm 

Indeed, this detail was added recently. The fact itself was long available here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:26 pm 

Oh, thanks a lot. I had the relevant page in printed version but it seems to be an old one 'cause it doesn't contain the last but important line (Tanítási gyakorlat G 464 ). I thought it hasn't changed in any detail, I should have checked. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:01 pm 

cattleya wrote:
Does anyone know what are the prerequisitives for teaching practice? I know what pedagogy and psychology courses are needed for it but I couldn't find anything regarding English courses. I'd like to do it in the autumn term so now I don't know whether I should do the remaining methodology courses in the spring term or later. Thank you in advance for helping!

http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/studies/programmes/old/ANN.html wrote:
ANN-462 Módszertan 1 G k 30 1 TKN-199 261, 299
ANN-464 Módszertan 2 G k 30 2 462
ANN-465 Módszertan szakkollégium K v 60 2 TKN-199 261, 299
ANN-466 Módszertan szakszeminárium G v 30 2 462
Tanítási gyakorlat G 464
összesen 150 7

therefore: you cannot do tanitäsi gyakorlat only when you have done almost all methodology classes, ANN-464 you can do paralel to tanitäsi gyakorlat (please take a look at http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/studies/progr ... d/ANN.html where the above quotation is from)

angol SzHÉK
angolszhek@gmail.com
http//angolszhek.uw.hu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:28 pm 

Does anyone know what are the prerequisitives for teaching practice? I know what pedagogy and psychology courses are needed for it but I couldn't find anything regarding English courses. I'd like to do it in the autumn term so now I don't know whether I should do the remaining methodology courses in the spring term or later. Thank you in advance for helping!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:52 am 

The selected schools on the DEAL homepage are "official" practice schools. We also have mentors working at a range of other schools (some vocational and some primary, too) where you may end up doing your teaching practice. I believe that you can ask TatoK to place you in a particular school, or in the hands of a teacher of your choice, but they may not be able to satisfy everyone's wishes. And since your needs and wishes may be very different, it is difficult to give recommendations. But you should be aware that all the mentors working for DEAL are highly qualified to guide trainees through the ups and downs of teaching practice.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:01 am 

No, you have to do your teaching practice at selected schools. These are on the homepage of Applied Linguistics, you can check them out. I have already found these and know about these schools that is why I'm interested in everyone's experiences about them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:59 pm 

Well, I cannot recommend any schools, as I am also facing the same problems. BUT I have another question instead. :) I read on the page of TAToK that not everybody can go to "gyakorloiskola" for the teaching practice, as there is no enough space for everyone. I wonder if this means that they will determine a non-gyakorló, but probably tested school of their choice, or you can ask for doing your teaching practice in a school of your choice (e.g. in the school you did your 'iskolai gyakorlat')?

Post subject: Teaching practice
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:56 pm 

Hello fellow students,

I'm interested in knowing more about the teaching practice. I am going to do this next semester from September and I need to submit my paper until May 30th. I need to find out where I am going to teach, and this is where I need your help. Please, if you have any recommendations, I would be very happy to receive them. Even if it is to my email address: dzsuzso3@yahoo.com, if you do not want to write it here.
I am a shy person, and I need a teacher who controls his or her class very well, does not leave during the lesson, and is helpful. I understand that there are many types of teachers and it is difficult to choose, but I hope that you can write down some of your experiences, because it would be easier that way.

Zs