minutes of the 2016-02-23 meeting of
the Department of English Linguistics,
Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- Marcel den Dikken, core member
- Hordós Marianna, core member
- Marosán Lajos, core member
- Nádasdy Ádám, core member
- Newson, Mark, core member
- Starčević Attila, core member
- Szécsényi Krisztina, core member
- Szigetvári Péter, core member, chair
- Törkenczy Miklós, core member
- Gőcze Borbála, teaching assistant
- Horváth Mihály, student representative
- Lelner Zsófia, teaching assistant
- Varga László, professor emeritus
- G Kiss and Hanzséros have excused themselves.
- Szigetvári announces that this is the last term Professor
Nádasdy is teaching at the department as a full-time member. His
retirement leaves the position of the head of the history section
vacant. Dr Marosán accepts taking this responsibility.
- After a long and tedious journey the den Dikken book donation
(several hundred recent linguistics books and journals) have arrived
at the SEAS Library.
- Prof den Dikken suggests that we should organize an informal
poster/talk presentation session for students interested in
linguistics, potentially in the framework of BRCLT.
- Dr Marosán informs us that a group of students work in A−125
making books and other study materials accessible for blind
- Prof Törkenczy reports of the willingness of the linguists at
University of Düsseldorf to establish Erasmus links with our
department. Prof den Dikken reports that there is room for further
visits for staff from the Artic University of Norway, Tromsø.
- The meeting ends in the SEAS Library, where members of the
department accompanied by head librarian Deák and director
Dr Kenyeres express their gratitude and joy over the newly-arrived
minutes kept by Péter Szigetvári
verified by Attila Starčević
last touched 2016-02-24 00:24:49 +0100