minutes of the 2008-09-16 meeting of
the Department of English Linguistics,
Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- Bohus Andrei, student representative
- Farkas Judit, core member
- Hordós Marianna, core member
- Lázár A. Péter, core member
- Marosán Lajos, core member
- Nádasdy Ádám, core member
- Newson, Mark, core member
- Starcevic Attila, core member
- Szigetvári Péter, core member
- Törkenczy Miklós, core member
- Varga László, core member
- The Department decided to keep minutes of its meetings and make
them public on its website. By default, the minutes are kept by
- The Department reviewed the BA theses proposed so far.
Apparently, the precedure has not yet been finalized, and the
appropriate forms have not yet been issued by the Faculty.
- The Department reviewed the MA theses written and defended in
the past academic year.
- The Department discussed the role of teaching assistants in
teaching BA courses.
- The Chair informed the Department that the BA thesis topics were
supplemented by a list of suggested readings.
- The Department discussed the unsatisfactory state of its
computer facilities, and established that the current facilities do
not meet the minimal requirements necessary for the work the
Department is expected to do. The Department will seek help from
the School and has established connections with the Department of
Computational Linguistics of the Research Institute for Linguistics
of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. The Department has received
promise of their unwanted old computer peripherals. The Department
voted unanimously to use its own resources to purchase some PCs if
necessary, and appointed a computer committee to work out the
details and present them to the next department meeting. The
committee consists of Kiss, Lázár, and Szigetvári.
- minutes kept by
- Attila Starcevic
- minutes checked by
- Miklós Törkenczy